1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Navy vs Houston (season finale)

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Saturday 6p TDECU stadium

TV: Espn 2

Radio: 950am

Line: Navy -8.5

Totals : 58.5

Moneyline: Navy -215. Coogs +258

Public Bet: 70% on Navy

Go Coogs!!!!!!!

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

This season can't be over soon enough. Awful, awful season for the Coogs. It was Levine/Applewhite level season. Wait, they did better!

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It was a really putrid season. Hopefully they show up for Navy.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Stevenson is a stud. No way in hell he comes back.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

4-8

Not since Briles went 3-8 in 2004

(Levine 5-7 in 2012; Sumlin 5-7 in 2010; and before that, the Dana Dimel/Kim Helton days)

Fulgore likes this.
  6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Four and eight at fire, will we?

7. Nook

Nook Member

Dana gets a pass this year.

Now if they are not ranked for most the season next year, then there should be some level of concerns. Next year they are loaded with transfers and red shirts that are good.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Designed failure complete.

Nook, Poloshirtbandit and tinman like this.
  10. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Case won the first two games in 2010.

11. Poloshirtbandit

Who's the QB if King doesn't come back? I'm not sitting through another season of the Clayton Tune show.

Fulgore likes this.
  12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

That seems incredibly optimistic, bro. I understand we've got some guys coming in who are supposed to be better than who we've got now, but they don't look close. At all.

13. Nook

Nook Member

They have more than some, they have a lot, especially on the defensive side of the ball. They also have a number of players on the roster who either were forced by injury or voluntarily choose to red shirt.

All the pieces are there for them to be a top 15 team or better next year.

if they are struggling next year then it is very reasonable to question if Dana is going to make it work at UH.

They are getting at least 6 starters from transfers and all are well thought of and are working on getting some others. They are all on the defensive side of the ball. That doesn’t even count their redshirts. They have their QB, top WR, RB, offensive linemen and other starters all coming back as redshirts. They are even in a position to red shirt their entire class of 2019 (and are expected to).

After the loss to Tulane they completely shifted to preserving eligibility for 2020 for every player that they wanted to keep and was interested in sitting out.

Next year they play a Washington State team that is 6-6 and BYU that is 7-5 and Rice and North Texas. There is no OU or a top ten Washington State team like the past years.

They have Cincy and Memphis on the road but are capable of beating both.

With what UH has coming in, they are quite capable of going 9-3 and quite possibly better. If they gel they will have the talent advantage in 10 or more of those games and possibly all 12.

At worst they should be 8-4..... Worse than that and there is a real problem (assuming King comes back).

Hippieloser likes this.
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Next year is indeed shaping up to be a 10~ win year if things break right.

And by "breaking right" I mean we have a competent QB and the general difficulty level around the AAC goes back to normal.

15. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Hope you guys are right. If you are, I assure you I will tell everyone I always believed!

16. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

But they are going to lose their MVP Dane Roy. I was looking forward to watching him one last time yesterday pinning opponents down inside the five yard line with his incredible punting ability,. As if our defense could stop then anyway. It was great that other than the 4 interceptions thrown, our offense moved the ball well enough that punts were not needed. It was ironic that our crappy defense stopped Navy going for it on 4th and one deep in their own end of the field. Created a short field for us but in the end it wasn't enough.

I hope all of you are right about all of the transfers and red shirts coming next year. I agree the non conference schedule is going to be easier next year but getting wins in our conference is not going to be any easier. Unless our defense gets considerably better. I am glad this season is over. I watched every game and as an alumni and a fan I would rate this season as one of the biggest disappointments for me in the last 20 years.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

You sure Stevenson is coming back?

18. Nook

Nook Member

No I am not sure Stevenson or King are back. I am not sure even Stevenson and King know for sure. With them both and Carr and their top offensive lineman; they should win at least 10 games. If they lose King they should still win at least 8 games.
    I am not usually a fan of transfers and believe they are over hyped traditionally but this group is very very good and don’t really have any projects. The redshirt group is massive as well and consists of starters.

Fulgore likes this.