1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My personal thread...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

This is just so some facts and opinions get out there...also I'm a big fan of Hagedorn so here goes.

Hagedorn being let go sucks...period! One guy said earlier that he carried the broadcasts - he did! From a rookie color commentator who couldn't speak, offered no insight into MENS basketball, and was an absolute disaster (SHE'S GONE) to a 'Director' of Broadcasting who did NOTHING but yell in his ear, give him horrible directions and bother up until the second they went on air (HE SHOULD BE GONE!), Hagedorn and Tim Parris CARRIED THAT ENTIRE BROADCAST!! Period! Why did the Rockets NOT mention Hagedorn in their news release? Not even a mention? Disgusting!!

Fox Sports was clear that they were not going to carry extra salary when they already have people like Kevin, Patti, and Muckleroy in place. His position was ended by the ROCKETS NOT by Fox Sports. Fox Sports said 'we're going with our contract people', Hagedorn was given no options, including Comets, from the Rockets execs. He was simply 'let go' like Murphy, Turbo, Rudy, etc...(And yes, Rudy was let go!!)

The makeover is not complete. Now that these moves have been made, look for Tad Brown to move past Postolos as the right hand man completely (Postolos is already falling out of favor!), look for them to eliminate the Director of Broadcasting position (Why keep him there? He has no responsibilities...never did really!), look for a change in the behind the scenes (Parris, etc...), and then they'll settle on one color-guy for the broadcasts. The reason McDougall left is because Tad was made Senior VP over Tim. It ate at Tim and he left for NO other reason but that. I guess now that Tad's sister is dating Les, well.....uhh!! Anyway, look for another promotion in addtion to SENIOR...VP...of SALES (Mark Norelli)......MARKETING (Tim Mcdougall).....BROADCASTING (Joel Blank) and most likely Postolos' gig. Nice job, Tad! :)

Make no mistake - Drexler will be a DISASTER. I know, I know...we all loved him when he was here but he simply is TERRIBLE behind the camera and has no insight. I promise the whole broadcast will be Worrell refering to Clyde's UH days and how TMAC and YAO are a 1/2 punch like he and Dream were!! That will be ALL SEASON LONG!!! Drexler's work habits in the 'real world' are the reason HE decined to do the road games. He's a novelty that will wear thin quickly. He insight will PALE in comparison to Van's and especially Murph's!

I don't hate Glyde so please understand that we all like good commentary and these are my thoughts. If you want a good broadcast, watch the road games with Bull!! He'll do fine!

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Doc,
    What recourse do we have to change things? Is there anything we can do to get Murph back?

3. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Good god I feel like a woman on PMS today my emotions are UP and Down UP and Down as the new comes trickling in and now with DRs posts, I'm down again.. :(

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Doc speakath!

.....I bet Bullard will be doing the home games as well before it is all said and done.

5. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Bring back Murph. I will miss you.

Hey Doc. To borrow a line from CM "tell us how you really feel my brotha"

6. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

what about the hick van chancellor?? will he be back??

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's hard to take a guy named Tad seriously... I mean the name has "soap opera" and drama written all over it.

Thanks for the "behind the scenes" look, Doc. :)

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I like Clyde just as much as the next guy, but I too must say that the dude just ain't cut out for broadcasting.

9. Toast

Toast Member

Yeah, I saw Clyde get interviewed before one of the NBA Finals game. It's a good thing he wasn't the only one answering questions, 'cause he dropped the ball big time.

10. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

Well, why hold back, right? It's just the way they run things. Nobody here REALLY thinks that CD made those moves, do they? Those guys were hand-picked BY JVG...which has turned out to be a good thing!! :D

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

For those of you knocking Chancellor, I've seen a few of his broadcasts. I couldn't care less about his accent - the guy seems to know basketball. And if you're going to let his accent stop you from enjoying his analysis, then I don't know what to say. There were times he didn't seem that comfortable in front of the camera, but I still enjoyed the broadcasts... unlike when Cooper was on... damn, that was sad.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I have to agree. I usually get a chuckle when he tries to inflect his voice on all the wrong syllables... it's bizarre sounding. He was a great great player, probably a great guy, but man, I'll have to see what he sounds like on the air. What I've heard from him in the past wasn't exactly impressive...

13. droxford

droxford Member

Uhhh.... we don't question Doc's resources around here. He's proven. His word is gold.

EDIT: my bad. I mis-read the post. sorry.

#13 droxford, Jul 7, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  14. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Couldn't agree more!!! Just glad you said it

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

So, ah.... is there any good news?

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

yo dawg, he said recourse... check yo dyslexia.

17. eman

eman Contributing Member

Whenever Chancellor called the inbounds play, it worked.

18. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

He wasnt questioning his resources, he was asking what can we (the fans) do to get things changed (i.e. get Murph back on the air).

19. droxford

droxford Member

I totally apologize. I read "what resource do you have" when it says "what recourse do we have"

I dyslexic am

20. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

HEHE.. I thought so...