1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Latest Art Piece

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by don grahamleone, Jun 3, 2017.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This reminds me. I was fortunate to be in Barcelona in 1992 when many art museums were having 500 Years of Genocide exhibitions. The Miro Museum show was particularly fascinating.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Cool! You may owe the Dali estate a few bucks, though. ;)

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Firstly kudos to you. I could only wish to create something like that. The symbolism is very evident. It's maybe a bit too easy.

Now as a critic, I kind of get where you're going with the whole polygonal thing, but I just feel you're floating too close to Cubist Island. I think you should be bolder and more blatant with your own style.

Just my own worthless opinion.

Yung-T likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Nice man! What did you use to create this?

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

icymi, here is another @don grahamleone original from the Photoshop the season thread in the GARM

Yung-T, B-Bob and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

breh got srs talent. it's a little scary, but nothing i could recreate. do you sell these breh? what's the most have you gotten for your work?

Yung-T likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

It was created in Motion 4.0. The settings were for a 1920x1080 video, but of course, this doesn't move.

Yung-T likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

I made $300 on a texas flag I did using enamel (think Jackson Pollock style). I think that one was 3 feet by 4 feet.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

I think my favorite part of this was making Pope Alexander the VI. He's mid-ship. I included him because he was the pope in 1492 (year Christopher Columbus found America). There's Custer in there and Sitting Bull. Coronado is at the back of the ship steering with a pike axe. I absolutely loathed making the native americans. Kind of painful making them. That part of American history is as sad as slavery, but the point of making this was just to bring discussion to what happened. It was someone else's land and it was taken by force. So being self righteous about America and freedom and all that is more of a debate than it's often made out to be. While we brought freedom and democracy to the Americas and eventually the world, we gave no voice to Native Americans way of life while doing all of that. All justified with various reasoning like religion, etc. Should we do anything about that now? I have no idea. I wasn't trying to provide answers, just fodder for discussion. Honestly the piece makes me uncomfortable, so I'm not surprised if it does it to you. The important part is that it makes you feel something, whatever that is. It connects to you at some level and becomes a little tiny part of you.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#11 don grahamleone, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    Fyreball and Yung-T like this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

is that good considering the cost of making it? sounds like creating a 3x4 ft art costs a good penny. btw, did you do this on a computer? what do you use?

13. don grahamleone

The texas flag painting probably cost me around 150 to make so it wasn't exactly some great deal for me, but I haven't been able to sell much of my art so I often take whatever I can get. The piece in the first post was made on a computer using Motion 4.0. It's essentially photoshop, but you can also animate with it. If I chopped it, I could've made it much bigger than 1920x1080. If you have an apple tv or roku or something like that, it would probably look pretty good on a TV. It's formatted for full HD.

Jontro, Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  14. don grahamleone

Ya'll might like this one as sports fans:

The Rumble in The Jungle!

[​IMG]
    The 5th round of Foreman/Ali was when you first see the brilliance of the Rope A Dope. It's the first big shot that Ali gave him and it was that moment that made a lot of people think, 'hey this isn't what I thought it was, Ali was just a sleeping lion'.

The moment:
    [​IMG]

GIGO and Invisible Fan like this.
  15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I remember seeing this episode of Jake and the Neverland Pirates with my 3 year old! Nice take.

;)

16. GIGO

GIGO Member

So where was this displayed?

17. don grahamleone

What? I don't get it. I'm also not a parent though. I think I'm going to laugh when I figure out what you're talking about.

18. don grahamleone

It's in my closet at the moment. If you want it, just make me an offer. But know that the supplies cost about 75 bucks and it took a week to paint. If you buy it, my best friend is going to be pissed! He loves it.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Example:

[​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member