1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My father passed away

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Dad and I had a rough patch about two years ago, but we ironed it out and everything had been great. I love my Father dearly. I wanted to give him the world.

the shark likes this.
  2. Falcons Talon

I will never forget him nor stop loving him.

3. Falcons Talon

I went to visit him yesterday. I'm sure he was laughing at me for standing there getting sprayed with the sprinkler while I spent time with him.

4. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

My condolences to you and your family. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. It's good to know that you were able to patch things up with him regarding some previous differences.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  5. Falcons Talon

Bulletproof..that was Dad. I always believed he would bounce back. Definitely cherish your loved ones. Enjoy the time you have now. I'm glad to see the love you have for your Dad and Grandma. I speak to Dad everyday. I know he is still around us.

the shark likes this.
  6. Falcons Talon

Sorry for your loss. Dad's loss has definitely brought me closer to my siblings, especially my sister.

The night we laid Dad to his final rest, I had a dream where I was walking with him just talking. Even though I can't remember the conversation, I woke up so happy and at peace to see him, hear him, and be with him again. I look so forward to my dreams with him.

#66 Falcons Talon, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  7. Falcons Talon

I pray you never have to go through this, but if you do, I pray for you to find peace when you are ready. My advice in advance in not to hold anything in. It'll eat you up, but don't be afraid to be happy and laugh at the memories of the good times.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

On a related note, as a son do you think you need a certain place you can go to to speak with him?

I keep thinking about what I want when the time comes and I've always sided with cremation because I hate waste and hate the idea of taking up space. I do think if my children will get any piece of mind by me being buried I might change my mind.

9. Falcons Talon

Thank you Clutch. Dad raised us to always be there for family. Dad was always there for me any time I had to go into the hospital. Even in December, when I had surgery on my heel to detach/repair my Achilles tendon and shave down a retrocalcaneal bone spur, Dad was there waiting for me when I woke up, even though I told him to stay home and rest. Dad would not leave Mom's side unless my sister or I were there with mom. Dad instilled those values in us, but I would have stayed by his side just because I love him.

Clutch likes this.
  10. Falcons Talon

Thank you for sharing that song Buck. I'm so sorry for your loss as well. I know I will continue to talk with Dad. It just feels right. I know he hears me. Dad loved fishing and going to the movies, but it had been awhile since he had done either because he was always caring for Mom. It's going to be hard when I go fishing because I always wanted to take him on my boat, but he would not leave my mom's side. I think that is going to kick my ass for awhile.

#70 Falcons Talon, Apr 6, 2018
  11. Falcons Talon

@the shark , thank you for that story. I'm sorry for your loss as well. Something I refused to do was bottle up. I worry about my oldest son because I haven't seen him let it out yet. I'm sure he will when he is ready, but for now, I will just give him my support and not force the issue. I will share this story with both of my sons. Thank you for that, shark.

12. Falcons Talon

I pray your family is ok and they all have full recoveries.

Rox11 likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just wanted to add my condolences as well. Lost my father 10 years ago this month, I think of him frequently and always fondly. I wish you the best at this difficult time.

14. Falcons Talon

@Harrisment , I never imagined how much pain I could feel. I can say it is the hardest period of my life.

I'm glad you honor your father by passing on his loves. I know he was right there with you when that Astros sealed the deal!!!
    My Dad passed to me a love of fishing that I have passed onto my boys. In these last years, he loved to hear my fishing stories and see pictures of the catch. I never got to take him because he wouldn't leave mom's side, but I would bring him fresh fish and have fish fries for him. I haven't been on the water again yet, but I know it is going to be a very emotional day when I get out there.

15. Falcons Talon

Cherish the time with your loved ones. Don't live in fear of losing them.
    I was so focused on my mother's dementia that Dad's loss blindsided us. It wasn't supposed to be this way. We were not ready. He was not ready. He was strong. **** you ARDS.

Jontro likes this.
  16. Falcons Talon

Sorry for your loss Roscoe. You're a good man. My sister has taken over as primary caregiver to Mom. It was Dads wish that when my parents passed, my sister would stay with the home and take care of my brother who has special needs. I have stepped it up and help my sister in every way I can. We are in contact daily, but she is like Dad in that she keeps issues close to her. I have to drag out from her what needs to be done. Regardless, I find things that need doing and I help with everything I can.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

thia thread is too much feels for jontro. sorry for all your losses brehs. the stories behind each passing is so tragic, i pray everyone here is given the strength to live your life through the tragedies.

thank you for the tips. great food for thought and something i strive for someday.

18. Falcons Talon

Sorry for your loss Texanskan. I hope you find peace. I know there are going to me moments down the road that are going to be hard.

texanskan likes this.
  19. Falcons Talon

@mikol13 , your loss is almost as fresh as mine. I pray you are doing as well as can be. It's still hard for me to accept his loss. I walk into his room expecting to see him laying next to mom, getting up to greet me, saying "Hi mijo!" with all that gentleness and love that he possessed. I still look back as I drive off expecting to see him standing at the door waving me off. I wish I could have spent more time with him.

20. Falcons Talon

Thank you @ima_drummer2k . My boy's saw my love for my Dad, and the loved Grandpa as well. I asked my son's to help me carry Dad. They did. I know it is the heaviest weight they have had to bear in their young lives. I told them that Grandpa carried us for many years. Now it is our turn to hold him up. I hope I can be as good a Dad to my son's as Dad was to me.

#80 Falcons Talon, Apr 6, 2018