1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My father passed away

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I lost Dad on March 22 at 10:36 a.m. He passed away peacefully with my sister and me at at his side.

He developed acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) from pneumonia.
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ards/symptoms-causes/syc-20355576

My sister and I never left him alone for the month and a half that he was in the hospital. I would stay with him from 7am until 9pm and my sister would stay overnight with him.

I'm healing, but it's going to obviously going to be awhile. I find myself very short tempered and even though I'm back at work, I'm just kind of here. Mentally checked out.

My sister has taken over the care taking of my mother, but I am always checking on my sister and my mom to see what help I can give.

I do go to Dad's grave and speak with him and that really helps me. I'm able to let a lot out and i feel so much better for a little while at least.

I just felt a need to let this out. I miss him very much, but i know he is resting now.

I love you Dad. I wish you were still here with me. We had so much we still had to do together.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Very sorry to hear that.

Thoughts and prayers for you.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Deepest condolences. Wishing you the best.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

My Condolences, my grandma passed away due to pneumonia as well last week.

Houstunna and Falcons Talon like this.
  5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Prayers to you and your family brother.

I know the feeling of losing a father as well. Stay strong.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

My condolences man.

Tough times but you'll get through this

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

sorry to hear this , RIP

8. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I'm sorry for your loss. It's unimaginable to me what you and your family are going through.

Praying for you and your family

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My heart goes out to you and your family for your loss. I too have lost my father, and know how deeply that loss hurts. All I can tell you is to try and find some peace knowing he no longer suffers. Peace be with you!

10. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Sorry to hear that, my condolence.
    Sounds like you have a great relationship with your dad, that matters a lot.

11. droxford

droxford Member

You never have to stop loving him.

...(and you never will).

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you can have a place to speak to him.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That's rough. Pneumonia is a scary sickness for older people; my grandmother got through a bout last year and is doing fine now, but it was touch and go. And my dad has shown lately he isn't so bullet proof as he used to be. So I've learned to cherish them even more, even though they might outlast me (we never know how much time we have).

Hope you are able to find some peace at this sad time. Keep talking to him. Somehow I think it'll help.

14. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

That sucks FT, sorry to hear that man...

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Sorry to hear that. We are all gonna go thru this as the son and then as the father. What matters most is how you spend that precious time

16. IVFL

IVFL Member

That's too bad. I was raised by my grandparents and my Mother. Thier passing felt like losing a parent. It does not get easy but you will learn to handle it. More than anything you find peace in what feels like a turbulent storm.

My peace came in dreams. I used to get really sad when I would dream about them, now I look forward to it. I often hug them in my dreams and its a close as I can get to being with them again. It will get better though hopefully, you will be able to find that thing that brings you peace.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I offer my sincerest condolences to you. I know you have had a rough go of life these past few years.

I have barely even gotten to know my own father over the past year since moving closer.

Things like this remind me of how little time we really have here on this crazy rock.

May you find the peace in knowing that although existence is finite, time is an illusion.

Though you will feel his void the rest of your days, you will complete your own cycle soon enough, and what happens after that is still anyone's guess.

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm afraid of the day I will feel a loss like this too. I hope you feel better with time. :(

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm so sorry to hear this, FT. My condolences to you and your family. He obviously helped raise some great kids seeing how you cared for him in his time of need. You're doing the right thing by talking about it. It will get better.

20. Buck Turgidson

My old man went away about 5 years ago, it sucks. There's nothing else to say.

I do talk to him and my granddad every day or 2, usually when I'm watching the sunrise. I just think about them all the time.

My dad was the farthest thing you've ever seen from a hippie, but he loooved this song, so here it is for you: