1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justin James

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Roc Paint, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I used to bounce heads off the floor on a nightly basis.

#61 Roc Paint, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. i3artow i3aller

Anything for you, Roc Paint. You were one of my earliest supporters that inspired me to post better content and be more succinct w/ my posts. Wishing the young fella the very best of luck going forward. Also, don't listen to the haters in this thread. “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.” ~ Kevin Durant. I mean the internets is trying to tell me that quote belongs to KD, but someone else had to have said that first right?! Either way the kid is obviously from good stock. Can't wait for you to get him on one of those Steph Curry workout routines, develop that offhand and watch JJ flourish.

Roc Paint likes this.
  3. omgTHEpotential

That quote :eek: Wow.

Roc Paint and _Numberfifty like this.
  4. Roc Paint

"Using no way as way"
    "Having no limitations as limitations"

-Bruce Lee

That's my favorite quote!

Thanks again for all of your support i3artow i3aller...you make this place even more appealing with your posting. Keep up the good work bro! :)

5. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

He's slow.

_Numberfifty likes this.
  6. Roc Paint

Tonight Wyoming at New Mexico St. FSSW 8:00

7. Roc Paint

Dec. 13, 2015
    LAS CRUCES, N.M. -

Game Stats Get Acrobat Reader | Season Stats Get Acrobat Reader

Senior guard Josh Adams posted a game-high 22 points to pace the University of Wyoming men's basketball team to a 62-59 win at New Mexico State on Sunday night. It was two freshmen, though, that helped the Cowboys (6-4) hand the Aggies (5-4) jut their sixth loss in the Pan American Center since the start of the 2012-13 season.

"It was a terrific win," UW head coach Larry Shyatt said. "Any win on the road is big. In this building in the last five years [New Mexico State]'s losses are New Mexico, New Mexico, New Mexico, Colorado State and UTEP, so I thought our guys were terrific from start to finish."

The Pokes outscored NMSU 26-9 through the first nine minutes of the second half to build a 15-point lead at 48-33. The Aggies would respond with a 20-6 run of their own to tie the game at 53 with 1:54 left. Adams broke the tie and added a layup, before freshman Jordan Naughton nailed two free throws, his first attempts of the season, with 14 seconds left to push the lead back to five. Adams did the same with six seconds to go to ice the game.

"With this new team we've put together it's different guys on different nights," Shyatt said. "I'm really happy for a couple of our guys. I know that Trey [Washington III] and Alexander [Aka Gorski] and Jeremy [Lieberman] have had their days and they will continue to have their days, but it was nice to see Justin [James] and Jordan [Naughton] get in the action and really make a difference."

Naughton finished with career highs of eight points and four rebounds in 21 minutes, while fellow freshman Justin James had his best night as a Poke too. The first-year guard notched a career-high 13 points in a career-high 30 minutes. The Pokes were a team-best plus eight in scoring with both of the freshmen on the floor. James also became the first freshman to start for Wyoming since Adams did so on March 25, 2013.

The game looked to be a showdown between Adams and NMSU's Pascal Siakam who entered the game tied for fifth in the NCAA at 24.9 points per game. Adams notched his seventh 20-point effort of the season and was part of a Cowboy defense that held Siakam to 14 points. Junior guard Jason McManamen scored 15 points, including three threes, while Adams had a team-high five rebounds.

Wyoming shot 45 percent (21-of-47) from the field and 44 percent (7-of-16) beyond the arc, while holding the Aggies to 35 percent (21-of-60) and 14 percent (2-of-14), respectively. The Pokes were outrebounded 45-27, but had two less turnovers and four less fouls.

Both teams grinded out the first half, as neither could build a lead of more than four points. Wyoming shot 43 percent (9-of-21) from the field and 38 percent (3-of-8) from deep to 32 and 22 percent, respectively, for New Mexico State. The Aggies outrebounded the Pokes 22-14, including 8-0 on the offensive glass. Both teams had nine turnovers in a first half that featured six lead changes. McManamen had eight points in the opening half, while Adams had seven and Naughton six.

Wyoming returns to play in the Global Sports Classic by hosting Omaha on Saturday at noon MT in the Arena-Auditorium.

8. Roc Paint

He's getting better with each passing game. :cool:

9. Roc Paint

I bet you're slower than he is, and you're probably not 6'7" and 180 pounds. From what I've seen thus far the kid has got potential. It may not be as strong as a lot of other Rookies coming into the college basketball scene, but I've got a lot of faith in him. It really doesn't matter to me because I will continue to watch him grow as you all negative naysayers stay on the sideline.

10. jbasket

jbasket Member

Roc, I may be posting some things that I believe he may need to improve on when I get more time. It won't be out of malice here, just observations of positives vs. negatives.

Roc Paint and _Numberfifty like this.
  11. Roc Paint

I will except/take any advice on my cousin. :cool:

12. Roc Paint

Game No. 13
    Wyoming vs. Houston
    Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2015 | 6 p.m. MT | Las Vegas, Nev.
    TV: None
    Radio: Cowboy Sports Network
    GameTracker GameTracker | Listen Listen | | Watch
    Game Notes: Wyoming | Houston

Sorry the game is not televised but if you go gowyo.com you can listen to it. Of course I would like Justin to have a great game,and still have the cougars win.

13. Roc Paint

You can also listen at KPRC 950 radio in Houston. Tipoff is at 7 o'clock central.

Go JJ and Coogs? :confused: :grin:

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First off, this will be the only night that I don't root for Wyoming to do well, but seeing as I'm a Coog from the cradle ...It is what it is. That said, I hope J.J. goes off big.

Yeah, Roc..You have a lot to be proud of here..As Vlaurelio already said, how many out of the tens of thousands of members here have a relative in this position...a TINY percentage.

Speaking of small....It never ceases to amaze me how some folks just can't help themselves with this lack of civility. Sign of the times, I guess....

Gotta just let it roll off ya for the most part brother...and you are.

Eat Em Up Coogs ....and Roc with your bad self, Justin.

#74 Plowman, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    Roc Paint likes this.
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

My favorite JJ ;)

Good luck to him

1 person likes this.
  16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

How did he do, Roc?

17. Roc Paint

Not very well at all my brother. Let's just say he was a nonfactor in the game. :(

Go Coogs! ;)

18. Borneoman

Borneoman Member

And how is it going with your cousin? I will root for him because of you, lol.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3914058/justin-james

7.9 ppg, 3.1 rebs, 1 assist

season highs of 13 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists

He's a freshman and playing, so I'd say really good. Issue: the team is 7-8 so we may not get to see him play on national tv too much and the Cowboys aren't likely to make the tourney.

Another positive, the media seems to treat Justin like he's a big part of the team. He'll frequently talk to the media after the game. Leadership is in his future.

Roc Paint likes this.
  20. Roc Paint