1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Us

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Mar 23, 2019.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not as good as Get Out (obviously) but still enjoyable. I think the last act of the movie was poorly executed, though. Seems like Peele bit off more than he could chew and couldn’t bring it all together.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I enjoyed it but I wish it would be lumped in as a horror film. It's almost a satire of horror films, much funnier than anything else. There are plenty of horror movie references, some implied others are explicit.

The movie is solid as a Twilight Zone type deal but it's just not scary. Lupita and Winston Duke are really good. Wished they'd used a bit more of Elisabeth Moss and Tim Heidecker and expanded just a tad on the overall mythos that they laid out.

I though it was a solid B+

3. Buck Turgidson

Really curious to see how his TZ turns out. Kind of wish he had done Tales From the Crypt instead and gone for more a more horror vibe, but I just hope it's good.

GRENDEL likes this.
  4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with TZ because he's obviously very well versed with horror and that type of fare.

5. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I absolutely loved it. So did the Mrs...