1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Us

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I can't believe there isn't a thread on this movie. Looks pretty wild. Anyone see it yet?

Nook likes this.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

I was trying to guess the ending based on the trailer. So this is just a guess. No intentional spoilers in here. It looks like the good family is facing the bad version of themselves in the trailer. A fund idea. A typical ending to a movie like this might be that the good version is revealed as actually the evil ones. And the "evil" in the trailer are actually avenging themselves. But I think that would be too obvious given the others and the I see dead people movies. So I'm going to go with the idea that there will be a third "us" against which the evil us and the good us in trailer will meet, and that's the balanced "us" who is facing some complex decision that is like choosing between the devil and the angel. But they need the money so they choose the "evil" version and that's how it ends.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I think it has something to do with the little boy and that mask hes always wearing.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. Buck Turgidson

Great movie. Live in your closet or look out the window as much as you want to.

Keep that cover over your ankles though.

eric.81 likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It's a no from me.....

Rocket River
    I did not like it.

King1 likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

what's it about?

9. trigun333

trigun333 Member

I saw it Thursday night and enjoyed it for what it was. A part of me was hoping that it was tied to Get out, but its not. I didn't let that get in the way of me enjoying it. I was able to guess the ending a quarter of the way through, but with others I discussed they didn't see that coming. It's not really a horror story more suspenseful than anything else. It could have a slow start for some, but it didn't take away from the movie for me and worked for this type of story.I enjoyed the story and idea behind it. I do have more questions after the movie ended, so wouldn't mind a sequel to expand on the overall story. I give it a 7/10.

Now in regards to what you think the ending is based on click on spoiler

You have a slither of it right. If you really want to know what the whole ending is click on the spoiler below.
    Last warning
    The family that show up are explained to be clones that have no souls. Never explained who made the clones. All the clones live a crappy version of the original's life. However one little girl ends up leaving the area and finding her original. When she sees her, she chokes her and drags her to where all the clones are and takes her place. Time passes and the family goes back to the beach where the switch happened and all the clones start coming out of hiding and killing off the originals. In the end its revealed that mom isn't the original but the clone. Movie is told in partial flashbacks and its all revealed in the end. So only the mom is the evil one with the group of good. Way I figured it out was the way she sort of mourned for the death of each of the clone as it happened. It was subtle but the small detail was to obvious not to have a bigger meaning.

10. Buck Turgidson

What did you not like about it?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

saw it on Friday...I enjoyed it

looking forward to seeing more of Jordan Peele’s work

12. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Haven't seen it but the trailer really messed with my wife for some reason. It bothered her for about a week. It was kind of funny actually.

tmoney1101 and Jontro like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

so does this mean peele was the genius behind key & peele?

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the general story suffered some
    While I don't hate movies that make you think. .. being obscure for obscure sake
    Seems pretentious.

Lot of plot holes were covered as "I don't have to spell every thing out"

It was ok but not a classic for me

Rocket River

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Saw it. Didn’t get it. It was an ok movie

I thought it could be political, 1%er stuff.

Nice art film

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  17. VanityHalfBlack

@tinman was waiting for you to post this banger!
    Old skool baby, old skool. **** still bumpin hard!!!

Houstunna, Hippieloser and tinman like this.
  18. CXbby

CXbby Member

I really enjoyed Get Out, and was hyped after seeing the trailers. Left disappointed. Another strike against rotten tomatoes, number 175 now.

Trailers made it out to be a creepy as hell mind bending horror. In reality, the creepiest parts were all already shown in the trailers. As for mind bending, you leave with either no answers or ones that don't make much sense. It's a mystery that hooks you for the first third of the movie (the strongest part), while leaving you unsatisfied by its conclusion. And I know the allegorical meanings and supposed MAGA symbolism. Doesn't make a good movie.

Rocket River and jordnnnn like this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

You keep track of how many movies you and RT disagree on?

Um...okay.

20. CXbby

CXbby Member

If I actually kept track I doubt the number would be so low.

B-Bob likes this.