1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Morbius the Living Vampire (Spider-Man Spinoff)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

MORBIUS: THE LIVING VAMPIRE's Lead Villain Has Been Revealed

[​IMG]

Venom exceeded expectations at the box office so Sony Pictures is moving full steam ahead with Morbius: The Living Vampire. Now, a new report sheds some light on who the movie's lead villain will be...
    Josh Wilding | 10/16/2018
    Filed Under: "Morbius" Source: That Hashtag Show

[​IMG]

While a Venom sequel announcement is no doubt imminent, next up for Sony Pictures is Morbius: The Living Vampire. Jared Leto has landed the lead role in the movie and while we know that Martine Bancroft will be the love interest, the villain has now also been revealed.

According to That Hashtag Show, we'll see Michael Morbius squaring off with a new creation named Loxias Crown.

That's right, the villain won't be someone from the comic books but it does at least sound like he's loosely based on a character from the source material. In the comics, Emil Nikos turns on his old friend but the movie will reportedly feature a very different iteration of him and it seems his personality may have been given to "Crown." It is also possible that he may be based on the mutant supervillain, Crown.

For those of you who haven't heard of him, he was a mutant who later became known as Hunger and he's clashed with both Spider-Man and Morbius. He will, however, have a different origin story because the site reveals that this take on Crown will suffer from the same blood disease as Morbius, but the serum Michael develops will turn his old friend into someone unable to control his bloodlust.

#1 Xerobull, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

not a fan of jared leto

fba34 likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sony is putting Marvel's babies to work!

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised Venom did well at the box office. I thought the trailers were bad.

Good for them, I guess.

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Ugh god, why do they keep casting Leto.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

i may be the only one who enjoyed venom's trailers. was stoked after seeing the tidbits and behind the scenes. but will wait until a good non-cam version is available online.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The monologue about poop in the street is what turned me off I think.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

MORBIUS: Sony's Flash Thompson Account Appears To Be Teasing The Living Vampire's Presence In The MCU
    [​IMG]
    The Flash Thompson Instagram account - which is believed to be run by Sony Pictures - appears to be teasing the upcoming Morbius movie, and may have even dropped some hints about the future of the MCU...
    Josh Wilding | 2/17/2020
    Filed Under: "Morbius" Source: MCU Cosmic
    [​IMG]
    In Spider-Man: Far From Home, Flash Thompson turned himself into a viral sensation of sorts with his "Flash Mob" following on social media. At the time, Sony Pictures reportedly launched an Instagram account to tie into that, and it now appears as if the studio has started teasing this July's Morbius.

Now, it's important to note that we have no idea how much control the studio has over this account or, indeed, whether it's actually verified as being part of Sony's marketing campaign.

As you can see in the image below, Flash references recent goings on in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, while also seemingly mentioning the existence of vampires (i.e. Morbius).

Weirdly, there are also other stories which have been posted on the account which make reference to Flash being saved by Daredevil and Avengers Tower being renamed to the Baxter Building. There are theories online that whoever is running the account is just playing into fan theories seen on Reddit in order to make the whole thing feel authentic, but it also feels like this could just run by a fan!

With any luck, we'll get some intel on how legitimate the @spideyno1fan_ account is sooner rather than later, but MCU Cosmic seems to be pretty convinced that it is the real deal.

What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

Who should Spider-Man face in his next movie? Hit the "Next"
    button to take a look through our top suggestions!

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

How did Joker turn into a vampire?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Same way Batman turnt into a Vulture.