1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] M. Night's "Glass"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Buck Turgidson, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Split and Unbreakable are all about belief. Hoard thinks he's super powered, so he is. Unbreakable's kid thinks he's super powered, so he is. Mark Whalburg thinks he's the best actor in Hollywood, so he is (paid like he is). That's the source of powers in this particular movie universe.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Holy Trinity. Just saw the trailer.

3. theimpossibles1

Mr. Scarface calling someone a negative person... That's rich :D

donkeypunch likes this.
  4. theimpossibles1

Can't believe Shyamalan is doing a Kevin Johnson bio-pic. Talk about a twist!

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

There's no fighting in here, this is the war room.

6. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

donkeypunch likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

LOL. Heres pages upon pages of him attacking peoples intelligence as well, calling them dumbasses and idiots.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?search/15462966/&q=dumbass&o=relevance&c[user][0]=13123
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?search/15462959/&q=idiot&o=relevance&c[user][0]=13123

When somebody doesnt have intelligence, its kind of hard to attack them. Thats why Im innocent in any attack towards that idiot.
    [​IMG]

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL....I know your panties are in a bunch. It is ok, girl.

9. Nook

Nook Member

How the hell does a fight break out in a thread about a Mmm Knight Shama Long Ding Dong movie thread?

10. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

duh.......it's preseason time on clutchfans, people suppose to get chippy.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

yeah, well... you suck! come at me breh!

fallenphoenix likes this.
  12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Critics Aren’t Fans Of Shyamalan’s “Glass”

The first reviews for M. Night Shyamalan’s “Glass” are in and sadly the consensus seems to be it’s a disappointment. With thirty reviews counted on Rotten Tomatoes, the film sits at a 37% score and 5/10 rating. That’s far behind 2000’s “Unbreakable” (69%) and 2016’s “Split” (76%) with “Glass” serving as the trilogy capper.

Reviews indicate the film has moments of Shyamalan greatness, and a very committed performance by James McAvoy, but for the most part is muddled, poorly paced and spells things out far too much. Here’s a sample of reviews:

“For all of the endless blather about how comic books have the power to reveal all of our secret identities – one of Jackson’s pronouncements about the power of narrative tropes veers close to making “Glass” feel like the “Life Itself” of superhero movies.” – David Ehrlich, indieWire

“Though satisfying enough to work at the multiplex, it doesn’t erase memories of the ways that even movies before the abjectly awful After Earth and The Last Airbender made us wary of the words “a film by M. Night Shyamalan.” – John DeFore, Hollywood Reporter

“On a purely practical level, Glass is drawn-out and disjointed, with disparate plot threads (some of them leading to, yes, a perfunctory rug pull) that seem dictated more by its stars’ availability than narrative cohesion.” – Sam Adams, Slate

“The Sixth Sense, still his only great film, is also a therapy psychodrama, but whereas that ghost story reckoned with bedrock matters of loss and child abuse, Glass assumes that we’re all going to lean in at dialogue about comic books.” – Joshua Rothkopf, Time Out

“Tying various loose threads together, Shyamalan can’t restrain himself from adding more. The result’s a lumpy tangle, and the trilogy’s weakest instalment.” – Tim Robey, Daily Telegraph (UK)

“Glass” opens in cinemas on January 18th.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/critics-arent-a-fan-of-shyamalans-glass/

[​IMG]

13. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

When people intentionally mispronounce his last name as a joke, it makes me cringe. It doesn't offend me or anything, it's just so unfunny.

macho GRANDE and Kruze10 like this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

I think he was close to tapping into something brilliant with Unbreakable, which was a long deep breadth into the origin story of a superhero, and only at the very end revealing there is actually a superhero. He tried that with the other villain in this thing relatively successfully. I'd like to see more weaving together of seemingly normal movie characters into some bigger picture we didn't see coming.

my guess is that his biggest challenge is that if he's writing his own scripts, the odds of it hitting big without a vetting process like the public, are low. How many authors have multiple homeruns. So not only does he have to hit big on a story, he has to nail the direction of it too. Seems like an impossible task after already hitting with sixth sense. He's trying to match himself and that's hard for anyone, even Einstein struggled with it.

Rocket River likes this.
  15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

enjoyed split and unbreakable, but i have my reservations about this one

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

M Knight made one good movie then a whole bunch of bad movies with stupid endings

CCity Zero and GRENDEL like this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Somehow his movies still make money ... And Unfortunately Hollywood hasn't lost faith or changed the locks to the set yet ... But yes, Def agree, I wish he wasn't still making movies.

tinman likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I liked Unbreakable, Split, Signs, The Village, Devil.

Far from a one movie director, IMO.