1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Godzilla: King of Monsters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

AHhhhhh hahahaha holy **** that scene cracked me up as a kid (and now). :D:D:D

Blatz likes this.
  2. Xerobull

3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Bring in the Jaegers!!!!

Remix likes this.
  4. VanityHalfBlack

That is one scary looking monster. JESUS, good job on the effects team.

5. Xerobull

‘GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS’ GHIDORAH HAS THREE HEADS AND THREE ACTORS

[​IMG]

Godzilla: King of the Monsters, sequel to 2014’s Godzilla and 2017’s Kong: Skull Island, will be rated PG-13, thanks to “sequences of monster action violence and destruction, and for some language,” according to the MPAA description. (“I want this on my tombstone,” King of the Monsters director Mike Dougherty tweeted in response.) If the first trailer is any indication, the newest Godzilla will hew more toward Kong ’s non-stop monster mash than the restraint seen in the first Godzilla. Of course, just as in the previous two, King of the Monsters will feature CGI kaiju, rather than foam latex, but that doesn’t mean Dougherty will lose the human performance aspect entirely. Right in line with the rubber-bumping appeal of the original Godzilla movies, casting for Godzilla: King of the Monsters has revealed a surprising and hilarious aspect to the movie’s biggest, baddest monster and Godzilla’s ultimate enemy: King Ghidorah is played by three different actors, strapped together.

Alan Maxson, who has previous creature credits, including zombies and the “Gingerweed Man’s Mouth” from the Evil Bong series, will play the right head of King Ghidorah.

Richard Dorton, a veteran motion capture actor for dozens of video games like God of War and Evolve (“if you play video games, you’ve probably killed me,” Dorton says on his homepage), will play Ghidorah’s left head.

Jason Liles, who played George in Rampage, will be Ghidorah’s middle head (he is also the mo-cap performer for Rodan).

“I had three actors, basically tied together,” Dougherty told IGN, also describing how each of the three heads of Ghidorah would have a different personality and intelligence level.

Try to imagine three actors hitched together into a single thrashing, three-headed monstrosity. More than any other special feature in recent memory, I need to see what this motion capture performance looks like.

Ghidorah first appeared in the fifth Godzilla movie, 1964’s Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster, as an ancient creature of prophecy. Ghidorah destroyed an alien civilization on Venus and hops a meteor to Earth to do the same to us. He has since returned in many forms, sometimes under the control of aliens, sometimes with a robotic head or clad in shimmering gold.

"I've loved monsters and creatures my entire life," Maxson told MLive. "I still collect hundreds of action figures from horror and sci-fi. I remember as a kid walking around, imitating and pretending to be Cornelius and Caesar from the original Planet of the Apes films."

Buck Turgidson and Joe Joe like this.
  6. Xerobull

7. PhiSlammaJamma

It you look closely, his right hand is spring loaded and ready to fire.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

That was such a great toy!

[​IMG]

B-Bob, ramotadab and backwardhead like this.
  9. Xerobull

I had this and I absolutely loved it. I also had a big robot with a spring loaded fist and I could switch them around. I think I chewed up the tounge. I was pretty young.

10. Xerobull

Intimidation Trailer:

'Godzilla: King of the Monsters' Director Wants An 'Avengers' Crossover

By MEGAN PETERS - March 24, 2019 11:55 am
    • [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Mike Dougherty

✔@Mike_Dougherty

The post, which can be seen above, features cover art of a long-gone Marvel Comics series, Godzilla: King of the Monsters. The vintage artwork sees the kaiju wreaking havoc on New York City in the background with its fiery breath. In the front, Iron Man is shown teaming up with the Avengers as they debate on the best way to take down the rampage.

“Stay back, Avengers,” Vision says. “Only Yellowjacket and the Wasp can stop Godzilla!”

The cover art may seem out of place to some, but fans should know this series is very real. Marvel Comics set out with this classic title decades ago. It ran a total of 24 issues, and it follows Godzilla as he ran through area of the United States. The original run tried to connect Godzilla’s Toho franchise with the Marvel Universe, but the 1970s title found little success in that way. However, the series did give Godzilla the chance to take on iconic superheroes like Captain America, so it is little wonder why Dougherty is advocating for this bonkers crossover.

So, do you think Warner Bros. could ever work out a deal for this mash up? Let me know in the comments or find me on Twitter @MeganPetersCB to talk all things comics and anime!

Directed by Michael Dougherty, Godzilla: King of the Monsters stars Millie Bobby Brown, Vera Farmiga, Sally Hawkins, Kyle Chandler, O'Shea Jackson Jr., Ken Watanabe, Bradley Whitford, among many other talents. The film is currently scheduled to hit theaters May 31 with Godzilla vs. Kong scheduled for a 2020 release after. You can catch so much more of our Godzilla 2 s set visit info by visiting our official Godzilla: King of the Monsters page. The film hits theaters on May 31st.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Antman wouldn’t even need to get small to climb up Godzilla’s butt

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I had one of those!!!!! LOL.

13. Xerobull

14. Xerobull

15. Buck Turgidson

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think we should evacuate

ramotadab likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

I'm sheltering in place unless there's some hipster monster surfacing around Austin...careful there in Boulder too.

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

all the monsters can fly except godzilla. Unlucky b*stard

19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

And yet they never seem to fly away from Godzilla. A confusing error.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Like all those people running from "evil version" Godzilla.........in a straight line, just begging to become human gummi bears on the bottom of his feet.