1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Godzilla: King of Monsters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Aug 4, 2014.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Here's my take. Maybe I should spoiler it but I have no actual knowledge of the plot.

This environmentalist whacko scientist is narrating that trailer and telling everyone that we have to find and liberate the titans for Earth to survive. As the movie unfolds, we see some nice versions, like Mothra, but she keeps wanting to unleash more, so she helps let loose Rodan and King Ghidora (sp -- never can spell the 3-headed one).

Godzilla is going to have to play clean up in aisle human, while teasing an appearance of Kong, for the next movie.

EDIT: I *love* that Rodan's wings singe in the trailer. It's actually one of the hardest problems in all of rocketry and missile systems: the heat of the nose cone when it moves at hypersonic speeds through air.

Xerobull likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

this movie looks pretty damn good...there’s a lot of good sh*t that’s gonna be coming out in 2019

3. Buck Turgidson

Seven
    Eleven
    Seven even back do'd Little Joe

tinman likes this.
  4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Best Godzilla Movie:

5. Buck Turgidson

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Our Best Look Yet at the Kaiju Coming to Godzilla: King of the Monsters

You can’t be King of the Monsters without a few monsters coming to threaten your throne—so the Godzilla reboot film is bringing along some iconic friends and foes of the big G. So far, we’ve only seen them cloaked in shadow and cloud in the first King of the Monsters teaser, but new toys have revealed our best look.

Shown off at Tokyo Comic-Con over the weekend, Bandai debuted several new tie-in toys for the film as part of its S.H. Monsterarts line of figures. As Toyark reports, Godzilla will be joined in the range by new figures depicting Gidorah, Rodan, and Mothra—all of which mark the first time we’ve really gotten to see the updated looks of these new monsters. Check them out below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    View attachment upload_2018-12-4_6-55-6.gif
    They’re all mostly faithful to their classic designs from decades of kaiju movies, just updated for the sparkly CG wizardry of a 2019 Hollywood blockbuster. It’s really Mothra that has the most out-there, changed design—in the old Japanese films, Mothra (who was more often than not depicted as a hero rather than a monstrous villain) is an altogether cuter beast, fluffy and chunky, with big cute eyes and everything.

The King of the Monsters design here is much more insectoid in comparison. It makes sense to bring Mothra in line with the more realistic aesthetic of the rest of the monsters in the film, but it kind of ends up making it look much meaner than Mothra is typically portrayed.

But still, even with the tweaks (big ones, in Mothra’s case) the overall shapes and design ethos of the Japanese movies has been translated solidly into King of the Monsters’ look. Hopefully it’s not too long before we get to see these designs in action—this time sans inclement weather getting in the way—in the form of new footage from the film, ahead of its release on May 31, 2019.

Attached Files:

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Kong suck my money is on the big lizard.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

That flip off the bar was pretty dope

KingCheetah likes this.
  10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

New Trailer out......

[​IMG]

Clutch likes this.
  11. Xerobull

I’m more excited about this than I am about Avengers 4.

I remember Channel 13 playing Godzilla movies once a year all week at 3pm when I was a kid, right when I would get home from school. Mechagodzilla was always the Friday movie.

12. Xerobull

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Looks fantastic. Still intrigued with how they’re going to bring in Kong

15. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Is this whole movie going to take place at night or in a thunderstorm so that we have to squint to make out the monsters?

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Eleven sighting

I'm in

Clutch likes this.
  17. Xerobull

To wax geek here, it looks like in this movie, Rodan is a lava/fire (smoke) monster, and King Ghidorah summons storms. So yeah, lots of dark scenes/squinting. Who doesn't like squinting?

[​IMG]

marks0223 likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

It could take place at night in a thunderstorm while wearing a welding helmet and it would still be easier to watch than Pacific Rim.

marks0223 likes this.
  19. VanityHalfBlack

Ghidora looks scary as ****. DAMN SON!! Did godzilla gain a few pounds? More like fatzilla,hahahah! Are you sure that's not Shaq in a suit?

Xerobull likes this.
  20. VanityHalfBlack

Did you ever buy those godzilla tapes at the fleas? Boy dem were the days. I was too young but did they ever play godzilla movies in houston theaters?