1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey says Rockets "have something up [their] sleeve"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 13, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol at anyone thinking Blake and Deandre are even comparable to Davis and Cousins.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No way to Deandre, but I have seen Blake dominate at a way higher level than Davis/Cousins have thus far. He destroyed the Spurs before they played us in the WCF. Completely annihilated their schemes with his ball handling and mid-range jumper.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's fair, although Davis has had great playoff games. Blake can be an amazing player when he wants to be I feel like.

This is why I don't want him, mentally something is off...same with Harden...I see Dwight/Harden all over again if our big plan is to just add Blake.

RudyTBag likes this.
  4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Blake would be very involved in the offense thus a very happy camper here. The Dwight comparison is a fair point from a chemistry standpoint, but that's about it.

Besides, if my goal is to try to form a superteam I'm targeting players like Blake that have already had tremendous individual success. KD chose GS as a legacy move. I'm hoping players like Blake will follow down a similar path.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Blake very involved? He's already a primary option in LA. don't really get that logic

6. baller4life315

I was commenting on the Dwight comparison. Not that anyone needs a walk down memory lane, but Dwight mailed it in because he wanted superstar treatment/touches offensively. I'm merely saying that wouldn't be an issue with Blake. Blake would get plenty of touches thus would be very happy with his role here.

I get why people might question his mental toughness. Dwight had the same issue. From that standpoint it's a fair comparison....but that's about it.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Blake would be intriguing....DJ would be also tho....BG or DJ?

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah. I think we can agree that Anthony Davis is on another level physically and mentally.
    I don't think Deandre is a huge upgrade to Clint at this point. His rim protection is dropping off drastically. Look at his block numbers in this year's playoffs. And Clint is hitting free throws.

9. baller4life315

DeAndre's +/- numbers and rebounding numbers are off the charts. I like Capela but he would be a huge upgrade....but we have other priorities.

Capela is good enough to move forward at center provided we address other weaknesses.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

his rebounding numbers don't mean much when he plays next to guys that aren't known to grab boards.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't get the love for DeAndre...i mean, he's a funny dude and he's from Houston, good impact player overall...but he's still not able to stay in the game cause he can't make his free throws, and he's going to be 30 when is contract will be up after next season.

I'd take Capela with his 24 years at 15/20x (and low cap holds) any day over a declining 30 years old DeAndre at 30/35x.

12. baller4life315

Rebounding is rebounding. Besides, how would that be any different if he were playing here? The majority of our current rotation have rebounding rates that are in the single digits. Given our style of play with small ball 4's and stretch 4's, it only makes sense for our centers to be monsters on the glass.

But like I said: I like Capela and he's good enough at center moving forward. Just saying, DeAndre is a phenomenal garbageman 5.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

its different bc ariza, harden, and beverley are guys that are known to get in there to go for rebounds. you don't see that on the clips. it's just one of dj's short list of jobs he has to do

14. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Blake plus CC and its not even close. You want to find the Deandre not pay the deandre lol.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

When I saw what Morey said, my first reaction was to start laughing. After reading the rationalizations posted here, I'm laughing even harder. This is going to be a fun thing to watch as it unfolds. Who knows? We might actually get to see the Rockets play some defense...if things get dire enough and MDA decides to look into the concept.

joshuaao and GermanRoxFan like this.
  16. hvic

hvic Member

Morey just have have flabby arms up his sleeves to match that double chin

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Wow! That was mean!

18. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

At the trade deadline it was reported that the rockets was offering all the alphabet for DAJ

A=Anderson, Ariza
    B= Beverly
    C= Capela

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Whoever you are....I hope you are ready to launch some ****in 3s fam

BigMaloe, Rox11 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

This is definitely a threat