1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey might resign on his own.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Morey should sign a contract with HBO and showtime to host a PPV event for his ping pong tourney this year as I can't wait to see him whopping those sorry asses.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yep. Players will become social pariahs in the US if they force Morey out. They play games in American arenas not Chinese ones.

Possum, malakas and BigShasta like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Morey is and will be on the right side of history. Anyone who tries to say otherwise is and will feel the wrath of the people. Sell out at your own risk.

Plowman and malakas like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm already considering a team without Morey because I believe he's not long for this job and I'm not sure what that looks like :/

I think of some of those horrible GMs that haunted teams for years...like Ernie Grunfield...and I just tremble at the thought of a guy like that replacing Morey.

malakas likes this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Ultimately, it depends on how much money the Rockets and NBA actually loses. China is already dialing back their public sentiments and the US is just waiting for us to forget about it and move on to the next popular outrage fad. If the financial fallout turns out to not be that big, his job is most likely safe. I do imagine he will have a lot more social media restrictions going forward though.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I want him to stay and I hope this blows over, but if he did resign, Rudy T would be a good replacement.

DD

7. REEKO_HTOWN

Jesus DD, nostalgia is a drug you need to stay away from. Rudy can barley walk now and is 70 years old.

malakas likes this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

5 years, $8 million a year.

DM will resign the second Fertitta is ready to write him a check for say $30 million.

9. ipaman

Agreed, he might be mentally exhausted and fall on the sword. That said, the obvious choice is Sam Hinkie who started his basketball career with the Dawson and the Rox; basically Morey-lite but might have a better eye for talent than Morey.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

yeah Hinkie would be the only other GM I would trust. The NBA would have to give the OK but I doubt Tilman is that smart.

I honestly fear Tilman will hire his son or some dumb **** like that.

D-rock and malakas like this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

He is GM and has to work with agents and players.
    The players themselves hate him and are campaigning with the league to punish him and to get him fired.

It doesn't matter if this blows over, he is DONE.
    You can't be a GM if all the players hate you.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Danny Ferry would be good too.

However after all this there is zero chance that someone like him or Hinkie will be hired.It will be a league approved idiotic choice or a dinosaur or a crony yes man.
    Like Rod Thorn

13. chenjy9

Supporting Member

So much hyperbole here. How many players are mad at him? Only one has spoken up so far and he hurt his own value even more by doing so. You don't cut off the nose to spite the face and at the end of the day, a contract on a contending team is still a contract.

14. malakas

malakas Member

How many? So far only 2/30 teams that we know of. Including some of the biggest stars in this league who owns one of the biggest agencies and who controls the NBPA.

They dont have to speak publicly about it, they have already campaigned for it straight to the commisioner.

And don't change my words. Did I say they will fire him now?
    In a few months though when there aren't any CNN reporters asking questions anymore..

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Again, you are speculating out of your ass right now. Which players hate him? Which players are campaigning for him to get fired?

16. ipaman

Many players have shown you it's all about the money and they'll play anywhere. Why would they have principles now?

malakas likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

the Nets and Lakers players. 2 teams out of 30.

Better look up the latest news before you accuse him of lying.

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The only way I'm okay with Morey resigning (and only if he wants to do it because he feels he messed up and not because Tilman forces him to quit) is if we bring in Mike Zarren.

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Want to amend your own statement? So far there is Joe Tsai (owner of the Nets and NOT a player) and LBJ, who didn't say he hated Morey just that he was uneducated (LOL) and selfish (true) about the entire situation.

You said and I quote "You can't be a GM if all the players hate you." One player is not all players. Hell, it's not even players.

20. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

If he resigns, he would still get this money?