1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey might resign on his own.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Frankly, I think China should withdraw all its investments from HK, impose a travel ban for Chinese citizens and also boycott trade.

Then free HK and wish them luck. As a condition of that freedom, make it clear that if HK even thinks about accepting military aid, war would come swiftly.

I don't mean this as a vengeful act, I just think it's not worth the headache for China and I wonder if those in HK are aware they would be applying themselves to sinking economies.

My hope is that HK would influence the CCP to loosen its grip on its citizens as if they are property. However, the truth is this is heading for the worst of both worlds: they will crush this dissent, HK's allies will make half assed supportive statements waiting for a market where they won't have to compete with China and a year after the dissent is crushed all the big money in HK will be relocated.

Very sad situation. I wish more Chinese people were on board with the HK movement, but I guess they have worked too hard at getting out of poverty and foreign intervention to be willing to prioritize something as nebulous as more freedom.

thedopefiend and Jontro like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They will likely never impose that travel ban for their local citizends to HK or Taiwan though.

People have their distant relatives there.....never going to happen.

This is not North Korea where people can only see their relatives in South Korea once or twice a year.

That would be bad.

malakas and roslolian like this.
  3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Huh? I’m trying to figure out how you can have access to information but also have such a misinformed view at the same time. It’s actually incredible.

Let’s start at the beginning. Do you think China has the right to extradite HK people for crimes committed in Taiwan?

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Huh. Is that what's the extradition bill about? . Read this before you can speak on this topic. Misinformed is a nice word to describe you.

As homework, pay attention to the provisions and concerns. Come back and report to me after you are done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Hong_Kong_extradition_bill

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Please stop your deflections and answer the question. You are dealing with informed people, and it won’t work.

the first paragraph from your link is this:

The bill was proposed by the Hong Kong government in February 2019 to establish a mechanism for transfers of fugitives not only for Taiwan, but also for Mainland China and Macau, which are excluded in the existing laws.

Lets try this again: Do you think people from Hong Kong that commit crimes in Taiwan should be extradite to main China? If you do not have an answer, then you are uninformed, and will be tagged as such so everyone knows you are spreading censorship.

vlaurelio likes this.
  6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Your well-versed education starts right now:

the extradition bill wasn’t about extra-judication of mainland law in HK or the most absurd version I have heard from you extradite a HKer to mainland for violating Taiwan law. Do you really know what it is. The paragraph you pointed to me clearly said extraditing not to Taiwan but also to China ... for violating mainland law. Did you just stop reading after the 1st paragraph. I gave you a D on your homework assignment.

this is not a deflection. This is to tell you don’t know what you are talking about on this issue. Your fatasy about HKer to be extradited to China for violating Taiwan law is a misunderstanding of that bill. Not sure how that got into your head. I am very curious.

I am a bit more qualified than you on this topic.

#146 YallMean, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  7. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Guys I think NBA is back to normal in China except Rockets is still banned.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

I will defend your right to say this, even though I believe you are reprehensible.

Possum, roslolian and harold bingo like this.
  9. pippsux

pippsux Member

He should have resigned and saved himself from the inevitable, .,..Tilman will fire his ass and I would be ok with that.

Don't need a GM wanting to be a celebrity or even worse, a celebrity activist

thedopefiend likes this.
  10. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Now that lebron has spoken out against him expect more players to follow

Seems like a conspiracy to force something to happen to morey

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Sorry to disappoint you but in case you hadn't heard... LBJ is getting flamed by everyone sans CCP party members LOL. Dude just destroyed his image and legacy on his own.

malakas, IBTL, NotInMyHouse and 2 others like this.
  12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I figured he might get pressured to resign by someone up top in the NBA offices or some big person with money at stake. I just never thought it would come the players side and the biggest marketed player in today's NBA. I never thought the NBA players would be the ones to sell out on a social issue because of money.

13. malakas

malakas Member

LOL If Morey resigns it will be real fireworks after today.
    I would resign if I were him and I would do it in the following few days for maximum damage.

Because if Lebron is actively campaigning against you, then the league will force you out anyway as soon as the spotlight moves on.

daywalker02 and pippendagimp like this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Morey resigning might appease China, but it would hurt the league everywhere else, deservedly

pippendagimp likes this.
  15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Anybody want to bet Morey will step down? How can ANY PERSON move forward in life with this controversial tweet? No NBA players will support him, not the owners, players, teams. Certainly, no one in China. Only political minded people like Trump and the Rockets will support him, but NBA is not a political entity, it's an entertainment entity driven by revenue!!

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You'd like that wouldn't you? But nah... Morey should get PROMOTED!!, because anybody who doesn't work with Morey going forward risks getting exposed as anti-freedom! 5-d chess baby!

BigShasta and malakas like this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

You make 0 sense stop being so butthurt about a ******* retweet yeah how can ANYONE move on from such a controversial tweet?!?!?!

Except you know China allowed the NBA back when they realized it's just a freaking tweet among millions that get sent every day. Why dont you try tweeting something and see if anybody cares.

IBTL and malakas like this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

LMAOO

We should just go ahead and send him off to a concetration camp. He is done for with this life.

Yao4REAL likes this.
  19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

His own commissioner supported his right to free speech. So, you know...

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  20. Possum

Possum Member

Good let em try. The American people won’t stand for it.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.