1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More Efficient Air Conditioner?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by don grahamleone, Jul 17, 2019.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I like stuff like this. Makes me hopeful for the future.

Houstunna, CCity Zero and Rashmon like this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, I'll need to watch it later.. Was just on a quick break but I like seeing this stuff too, haha especially AC and being in TX

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

TLDR? I zoned out after 30 seconds of boring intro music video

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

"I've got a cheap dessicant-based AC you can build on the cheap and runs on salt water and low power."

It's actually pretty interesting though stuff similar to this already exists. He does do some additional stuff. He's got some other interesting vids on his channel I may need to watch.

CCity Zero and don grahamleone like this.
  5. Exiled

Exiled Member

Another water cooler with condenser invention? it might work in Arizona, but in Houston it will be a giant wet pcv pipes contributing to additional humidity and heat

IBTL likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

You CLEARLY didn't watch it. His process dehumidifies the air before the air is processed.

7. don grahamleone

I don't blame you. The guy's voice nearly put me to sleep. I just stuck around because reducing electricity usage going forward on our planet is going to be important. I wanted to see if this guy had anything interesting to add.

(He most likely didn't add to what is known, but put a lot of the information out their for the layman to understand it.)

CCity Zero likes this.
  8. Exiled

Exiled Member

humanity needs this more

[​IMG]

9. SemisolidSnake

I'll have to watch it later. I've spent quite a bit of time designing adsorption processes with every type of adsorbent, often for dehydration, and occasionally as adsorption chillers. We're not building anything like that at work right now, though, so I can't really call this research material. :D I'll listen to it on the way home.

I suspect that overall efficiency of a total refrigeration system, especially a residential one, could be improved a lot more with smarter ducting and thermal control of each room and variable speed components. However, I would not be surprised at all if multiple refrigeration technologies, not just compression-expansion could be combined into very efficient system for a little bit of up front cost and design work and creativity.