1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Montrezl Harrell scores 28 in a half in Vipers win

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Clutch, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Finished with 34 points on 14-23 shooting -- 28 of those points coming in the second half. Also added 8 boards, 4 assists and a pair of blocks. Nice dunk at the end.

[youtube]XiTbL6VSQuI[/youtube]

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

If Jones ever adopted that mentality, he would be a max player this offseason.

Harrell's future is very bright but he has to continue growing his game. Same goes for McDaniel.

Great teams build within their system as well as find quality free agents. In the next year or so we might need both to play big minutes for us.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Jones had that mentality in the D-League, too.

4. beardsanity713

Montrez is beasty he went up strong everytim

Showing off the handles

Good midrange J

aggressive af...

& was the nick johnson on the other team smh...i thought he would turn out well

5. CertifiedTroll

The real question, how long before his first NBA fight. I hope I am TC when it happens!

6. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Won't understand why we still got TJ on this team when Harrell is clearly the future of this team.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think you exaggerated a tad bit there.

The future of this team? The future of what? He is a mediocre defender and below average rebounder. His best attribute is energy, and he can score, though isn't exceptional on the offensive end there yet.

If he can (i) become an above average defender, (ii) become an above average rebounder, (iii) develop a more consistent, passable jumper/3 point shot, and (iv) prove capable of handling the ball a bit...

Well than I'll get excited that we might have a Draymond Green lite on our hands.

Until then he's a guy that can light up the d-league. And the Rockets have had tons of those. At best they typically turn into the next TJones ... to either be complained about in the future when some other rookie is tearing up the d-league, or to be traded away and to be average at best for another squad, only to have posters here long for their return and overstate how good they were.

1 person likes this.