1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mid Size Trucks] Buying a brand new one

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by UtilityPlayer, Aug 20, 2016.

1. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

I have owned cars all my life (Coupe,Sedan). Now I am thinking about buying a Mid Size Truck. I have some ideas in mind, but wanted to hear experiences from the Clutchfans here about their experiences in this category.

Ideas include obviously Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, GMC Canyon, Chevy Colorado.

TIA

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Tundra is considered a full size truck like F150 and Silverados.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

This. I've always loved the look of Tacomas and would go that route if in the market.

4. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

True, good point. Shouldn't have listed it, I would lean towards Tacoma or Colorado.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Don't think you can beat the reliability of a Toyota to be honest. Although you will prob spend a little more driving one out versus the Colorado.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The new colorado with the turbo diesel looks pretty sweet.

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I'm on my second Tacoma and I've loved them both. I sold my first one at 8yrs to my father-in-law who needed a reliable truck, and it still is. My current one is a '13 and haven't had issues. The '13 is a double-cab and we use it as the family vehicle, and for that I'd say it's a good size. Fuel efficiency is about average I suppose for a truck, about 19-21, and I can get a little better on the highways with my bed cover. I've always loved the drive of my Tacomas; enough power to handle occasional hauling and camping with ease, with the bed loaded (haven't towed anything yet). They're sporty trucks and I think the ride reflects that.

Colorado seems to be a good choice too, and I definitely considered it. Ultimately I prefered the aesthetics of the Tacoma more, and trusted it's reliability having already owned one. And for options that I wanted, they were pretty even on price.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

'15 Colorado owner so I'm biased, but that's what I'd recommend.

9. MystikArkitect

Have owned an Avalanche and two Sierras. I'd recommend a full size truck honestly unless you're not comfortable with the size. If not you can't go wrong with either the Taco or Colo. Test drive both and see which you like better.

I average about 19 MPG in my full size daily. Trucks are awesome.