1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miami (2013) vs. Golden State (2015)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by houstontexans, Dec 25, 2015.

?

Who would win the championship?

1. Miami

37.1%
  2. Golden State

62.9%
  1. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

Who would win the championship? Miami from 2013 championship year or Golden State from 2015 championship year

2013 Miami:
    Ray Allen
    Chris Andersen
    Joel Anthony
    Shane Battier
    Chris Bosh
    Mario Chalmers
    Norris Cole
    Udonis Haslem
    LeBron James
    James Jones
    Rashard Lewis
    Mike Miller
    Dwyane Wade

2015 Golden State:
    Barbosa, Leandro
    Barnes, Harrison
    Bogut, Andrew
    Curry, Stephen
    Ezeli, Festus
    Green, Draymond
    Holiday, Justin
    Iguodala, Andre
    Kuzmić, Ognjen Injured
    Lee, David
    Livingston, Shaun
    McAdoo, James Michael
    Rush, Brandon
    Speights, Marreese
    Thompson, Klay

I kind of miss Lebron James being in Miami uniform. Miami is a fun team to watch with Lebron James than Cleveland.

2. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Small ball vs small ball.

Would be interesting to see how it plays out, but I will take Lebron over Curry.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Probably GSW, because Wade and Bosh would have gotten injured before the Finals, and Lebron would have to face GSW by himself again.

4. Asian Sensation

I don't think you understood the question. Wade and Bosh played all 7 games. Just sub the 2013 Spurs for 2015 Warriors.

Even this last finals If Lebron had either Irving or Love that series probably would've gone 7 and it would've been a tossup on who won...probably Warriors. If the Cavs had both Irving and Love would've won in 5 IMO.

5. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Heat. LeBron > Curry

6. roksoer

roksoer Member

Miami would probably beat last year's Warriors, but this year's Warriors are on another level.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Miami got WRECKED by the Spurs team ball style of play, the 3 ball, defense and ball movement... So I'm going to also assume they would get super wrecked by the Warriors.

The mathcups work in the Warriors favor IMO. They can go bigger with Bogut and Ezeli. Green can guard Bosh, Iggy on Lebron, Thompson on Wade.

I think it's Warriors hands down. But, a healthy Cavs roster is a better roster then Miami. Bosh and Wade where beat up and tired in the finals and where putting up pretty weak offensive numbers IIRC.

Curry is the Warriors weakest defender, Chalmers/Cole couldn't do any damage but you can bet Irving will. They can go big with Mozgof/Anderson. They have great rebounder at the 4 with Thompson/Love. Wing defenders with Lebron/Shump/Delly.

Healthy modern Cavs are better then Miami big 3 matchup wise against Warriors.

8. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

My money is on the 2014 Spurs to win against both. That team was on a mission. Nothing beats that hunger to prove yourself.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

My problem with Miami 3 kings is that Bosh and Wade couldn't step up alongside James, one big reason James was putting up NBA 2k stats is because Wade and Bosh weren't really producing.

Excluding James (who has declined a bit), 2015 Cavs is way better than 2013 Miami so if this year's cavs are inferior to GSW then I doubt the 2013 Miami team can beat GSW, that Miami team almost lost to Pacers with PG and Hibbert, GSW has way more weapons.

Just in terms of matchups alone, their SG can defend Wade while Iggy and Draymond Green can switch on James and Bogut can clog the paint. Off the bench, Barnes and Ezeli will destroy the dleaguers in Miami's bench.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Gsw, because Wade was past his peak by 2013. A prime Wade and the 2013 Lebron along with Bosh as a 3rd star would be strong enough to beat the current and last year's GSW IMO.

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Both healthy? Miami easily.

Man I miss LBJ in a Miami uniform.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Warriors easily

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

2013 Miami (Bosh, Wade, James, Allen, and Battier)
    vs
    2015 Warriors (Green, Iguodala, Barnes, Klay, and Curry)

1.Green vs Bosh...Advantage Green (Think Green's activity level and his understanding of team defense gives him a very slight edge)
    2. Andre vs Wade...Advantage Wade (When the team needs a big time play down the stretch of games, he is lethal)
    3. James vs Barnes...Advantage James (too big, too strong...but falls way too in love with his jumper at the end of games, which isnt his strong suit)
    4. Allen vs Klay....Advantage Klay (Klay does slightly more defensively)
    5. Curry vs Battier...Advantage Curry (Battier would give him fits, but he can get his shot up against anyone on any part of the floor)/On defense, Curry would be a total non factor.

It would be a fun matchup, but GSW have more depth(more bodies to wear out Lebron), coaching(would force Bosh and Wade to beat them) and shooting. GSW 4-2

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

2011-2012 Heat were defensive monsters. They locked that perimeter up like crazy. I think the Heat edge out the Warriors 4-3.

#14 RedRedemption, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  15. Steve_Francis_rules

I agree with this. Can you imagine how many open threes Curry and Thompson would be getting because Wade is still in the backcourt b****ing at the refs about a call he didn't get?