1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Megyn Kelly Hotwater

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Jun 14, 2017.

?

Is it inappropriate for Megyn Kelly to interview Alex Jones?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2017.
  1. Yes

43.5%
  2. No

39.1%
  3. I abstain, courteously

17.4%
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't get giving this Jones idiot a platform to rant and rave about conspiracy crap, but it's their show. I'm not the producer. It's still a free country (I hope).

JeffB and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I watched her first show with the Putin interview -- somehow she made that completely boring. I'll stick with 60 minutes moving forward until football starts up.

Brando2101 likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think most people care. This is manufactured controversy. Some sandy hook families are understandably offended but I really think the only people watching this are Alex Jones fans and staunch liberals who are bored.

4. Buck Turgidson

I think more average people should know just how ****ing crazy Alex Jones is (or even who he is). And they should sure as hell know that the President of the United States considers him an information source or confidant or whatever.

B-Bob, JeffB and mdrowe00 like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

She should interview that nutbag for that reason alone.

****ing ****show.

6. Major

Major Member

This is amusing:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...4b0f15cd5ba6fd6?ois&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

The conspiracy theorist posted a secretly recorded chat with Kelly ahead of the broadcast of their NBC interview.

Adding fuel to the controversial buildup to Megyn Kelly’s upcoming interview with Alex Jones, the conspiracy theorist released late Thursday a secretly recorded conversation with the NBC host.

And it is not flattering to either party, nor Barbara Walters, the celebrated journalist and former NBC “Today Show” host, whom Kelly appeared to diss.

“I’ve never done this in 22 years, I’ve never recorded another journalist,” Jones said in an earlier video on Thursday, which included parts of his off-the-record talk with Kelly. “I’ve never done this but I knew it was a fraud, that it was a lie.”

Jones, who has an audience of millions for his InfoWars show, later posted the extended version (below) of their conversation, in which he injects commentary between his exchanges with Kelly before the interview.

Kelly can be heard telling Jones that the show, due to air Sunday, is not a “gotcha” piece. She finds him “fascinating” and more than a “one-dimensional guy,” she says. Kelly promises Jones that she wouldn’t attack him but suggested she wouldn’t be soft either. “Of course I’m doing a fair interview,” she says. “I’m still me. I’m not going to go out there and be Barbara Walters.”

Jones contrasted a preview clip of the actual interview in which the former Fox News host grilled him about his infamous denial of the Sandy Hook massacre with an off-the-record audio clip of him acknowledging to Kelly that “people died there.”

Echoing what his defense claimed in his divorce trial in April, Jones told Kelly there are times when he plays devil’s advocate on his show and “I don’t literally believe what I’m saying.”

After leaking the footage, Jones said of NBC, “What are they going to do, when I’ve got the tapes of what really happened?”

Jones said he taped NBC’s actual interview as well and would call out the network if its edited version betrayed him.

The InfoWars host added that Kelly was “obsessed” with him.

J.P. Morgan Chase has pulled its local TV ads and digital ads from all NBC News programming, including Kelly’s show, over the interview. And Sandy Hook victims’ families have threatened to sue NBC if it airs the interview Sunday.

An NBC spokesman confirmed in a statement to HuffPost Friday that the network still planned to broadcast the interview, as planned.

“Despite Alex Jones’ efforts to distract from and ultimately prevent the airing of our report, we remain committed to giving viewers context and insight into a controversial and polarizing figure, how he relates to the president of the United States and influences others, and to getting this serious story right,” the spokesman said.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I was more offended by her giving Putin a platform, than for doing it for Jones. But, this looks like the publicity strategy -- book controversial interviews to drive discussion and, hopefully, increase ratings.

No Worries likes this.
  8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Glenn Beck was on for years. He seems nuttier than Alex Jones.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not even close. Alex Jones is totally whacked.

No Worries likes this.
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing burger.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, it's about ratings. Higher ratings mean more ad dollars. So, it's about money.

This Megyn Kelly show is a new show, and now people are talking about it. So, it looks like mission accomplished.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am looking forward to the annual Megyn Bathing Suit edition.

Seriously, its a TV show.

14. Commodore

Jones is crazy, but I love that he taped the interviews and conversations with Kelly

Journalists love pre-taped interviews because they can pick and choose what gets heard, to make them look good or their interview subject look bad (or good if it's a puff piece). If the interview subject makes the interviewer look foolish, they just cut that part out. Plus the journalists like to add their own narration to try and influence the viewer.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Still trying to put down the Fourth Estate, I see. I'm sure Mr. trump would give you a pat on the back were he aware of your proclivities.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Jones is an absolute psychopath, but I don't see a problem with interviewing him. You are only giving him a platform if you let him dictate the conversation, which she did not. Revealing his lunacy to a lot of dumb Americans is a good thing and she actually did a good job with the interview and he looked like a fool doing it. That being said, her show in general is incredibly dull and rough.

justtxyank likes this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah, those dastardly journalists love to use pre-taped interviews during their TAPED shows. Why didn't she do it live? I wonder! Just like 60 minutes. Sneaky bastards.

mdrowe00 and B-Bob like this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You have not lived hell until forced to view the raw, unedited video from a long interview. Believe that.

There needs to be integrity from the journalists and producers but the idea that ANY editing is liberal evil at work is really silly (of course).

Yes, bad examples from Breitbart to M Moore exist for sure, but these are still exceptions, IMHO.

FranchiseBlade, Amiga and justtxyank like this.
  19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Katie Couric is the GOAT of interview editors.

justtxyank likes this.
  20. Commodore

nothing wrong with a live interview, C-SPAN does them all the time

or at the very least, post the full transcript online