1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Megyn Kelly Hotwater

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Jun 14, 2017.

?

Is it inappropriate for Megyn Kelly to interview Alex Jones?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2017.
  1. Yes

43.5%
  2. No

39.1%
  3. I abstain, courteously

17.4%
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Megyn Kelly is in hot water. Her show is set to air an interview with Trump's fellow conspiracy nut Alex Jones this weekend which has outraged victims of Sandy Hook. (Jones notably denies the shooting took place)

Apparently sponsors have pulled from the show today (JP Morgan Chase) and NBC is in an emergency meeting to figure out what path to take.

What do you think?

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Are they boycotting interviews of Trump as well?

[​IMG]

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Shouldn't NBC do damage control? I don't know how much power Kelly has in choosing her interviewees, but I assume NBC has the final say in who she can and cannot interview.

Why would she be in hot water?

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, there isn't really any point in giving Jones any publicity. I get that they may think they are exposing how crazy he is, but his followers don't see him as crazy. There is no good reason to put him on NBC.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Cockroaches scatter when you turn on the lights. Time to turn on the lights for Alex and his ilk.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I don't know about hot water, but she is in the water.

[​IMG]

R0ckets03 likes this.
  7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

the emergency meeting is for Kelly's shitty ratings. They love having Jones on and pretending like he is conservative or libertarian or whatever.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Meh, Alex Jones, Van Jones....what's the difference? I don't see freaking out about certain kooks getting air time when there are so many others out there. Also, I can't imagine Alex Jones coming off looking intelligent in ANY interview, so why would liberals complain about what will certainly be nothing more than a hit piece that will be used against conservatives?

edwardc likes this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Alex Jones was Joe Rogan's most watched guest this year. And he gets more eyes on his podcast I think than a vast majority of shows out there.

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Misread the thread title. Thought it said bathwater. Would not drink.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

People still get offended in 2017?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, but a train wreck is always going to get more views than a college lecture. That's why those kinds of people have a market to begin with.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You are in the minority in calling Jones that. I agree though

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

i didn't call him anything, i said NBC will pretend hes something.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If they are "pretending he is something" what do you think that implies in regards to your stance... you're taking the position unless I missed the part where NBC said they were pretending.

Then again, its usually your mission to come across as super slow.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

NBC are being PC police snowflakes.

#16 sirbaihu, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Whatever little hope I had for the American experiment surviving died when Alex Jones made it onto network television.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Oh I agree sir. There is a reason that Kim Kardasian is loaded. Seriously look up how much she made from her cell phone game/app a few years ago. It's also the reason why there is a president in the white house that speaks at a grade school level. Although he may be doing it purposely. That is the point though there is still a large Large segment of this country that are just plain dumb, democrats and republicans both. They never pick up a book, lack empathy, and fall for one of the (both bought) parties line/hook/sinker on every issue. Nor do many of those people travel outside of the country. They do not put a second thought about millions of men, women, and children that this country has killed.

Phillyrocket, No Worries and sirbaihu like this.
  19. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

1) I suspect that NBC execs and Megyn anticipated some sort of backlash for this interview from the beginning. Hell, they may have even quietly wanted some of it. Kelly's new show is trying to compete with 60 Minutes. They're not morons; they knew what they were doing. Perhaps they underestimated the ferocity of the outrage and weren't expecting sponsors to pull support, though.

2) The ratings for this interview are probably going to be pretty damn good, due to all the attention from the backlash. Plenty of curious people will now tune in.

3) Kelly not in hot water...she's just hot.

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

just because you interview someone does not mean you condone their views. didnt someone from abc interview osama bin laden in the late 90's? didnt someone interview jeffrey dahmer? alex jones is hugely influential, especially with our president. i think its important to know what he is all about.

i saw alex jones at a judas priest concert in 2014 (fun fun fun fest in austin) and i asked him if he was bill hicks...he got super pissed and for a second i thought he was going to punch me. then like a month later texas monthly had an article about the conspiracy theory regarding bill hicks faking his death and becoming alex jones. if you are unaware of this claim just google it or go to youtube. there is tons of stuff out there...pretty crazy.

coincidence...i think not! seriously though, i wondered if alex had a friend who was a writer there and did that story after i said something.

here is article from november 2014. the priest show was early october.
    http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-dai...egendary-long-dead-texas-comedian-bill-hicks/

[​IMG]

#20 jo mama, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017