1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MDA says Griffin hit him before their exchange

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 16, 2018.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I agree, and I’ve changed my view since my first post in this thread. The intent was to bait the refs into call a tech on MDA. See the Kidd-Woodson play.

mikol13 likes this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I've got to admit, I like you as one of the most level headed posters on this board, but that was a strange line of reasoning you had there for a few hours, lol.

MDA was near half court because he was trying to tell the refs to stop sucking on the goaltend.

He was past the coaches box, but coaches do that all the time, and for Blake to be upset about that is dumb / super soft (ironically give PBev's tweet).

But whether he was upset about that or not, he CLEARLY went out of his way and CLEARLY elbowed MDA. Keep in mind this guy's history.

Which is shocking to me.

From the whole game, I think it'd be fair to give CP3, Ariza, Harden, Green a 1 game suspension (for going to the other locker room like they did). It'd be fair to give Blake a 5 game suspension. You don't hit coaches. That's insane.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow - that is amazing, never seen a player do that.....would still trade Ryan Anderson for him.

DD

Dayop and Fullcourt like this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Blake is nuts. Who does that?

D-rock and s3ts like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

:)

DD

heypartner likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm not trying to get the dude suspended. You're a reasonable person, you know it was a cheap shot on a coach.

He intentionally went out of bounds to elbow MDA. Was he trying to hurt him, obviously not, or MDA would be on the ground.

Wait...Kidd/inbounds stops play, forcing action; Blake/out-of-bounds keeps running like nothing happened, while MDA is the one immediately complaining about the hit, like Kidd did.

That difference "logically" tells me Griff wasn't trying to force a tech, like Kidd. At best you're saying he wanted to, but MDA moved out of bounds, yet Blake still wanted the contact and to get away with it, so he had to change plans and act like nothing happened. You actually said he changed his mind, as well. That's the most generous reading of his mind. Still cheap.

It's a cheap move by Blake. Him beaning EGo was cheap, too. Don't defend cheap shots.

Don't touch our coach.

#67 heypartner, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    DonKnock, D-rock and BigMaloe like this.
  8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

blake straight targeted him, pointed him down, telling him to go sit down, ran right at him, and bumped the old man coach. what a b****.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would have gone down... wonder how much he touched him though, it doesn't show that much in the video.

He swiped at him and probably touched him though.

Real on court contact and he would have gone done.

Suspension or not we won't get a win out of that.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

i wouldn't mind seeing blake break an arm or leg... and be out several seasons. the nba is an entertainment and he ruins the entertainment value.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Only their own teammates, ask Mirotic.

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Blake is a Putz

Blake drew a foul with Ariza (hooking his arm).

Ariza was seen mad.......Blake started kissing up to Ariza (Blake knew he pissed off the wrong guy) backing down

Ariza will go “hood rat gangster” on his @**

D-rock likes this.
  13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Do you recall what prompted him to go after Dantoni in the first place? I've never seen a player point at a coach or even yell at an opposing coach.

D-rock likes this.
  14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He was just really out of control.

MDA was arguing very demonstratively about that goaltend missed followed by the and1 that they also gave continuation to.

They kind of jawed at each other earlier also I believe and Blake just hunted him down

DonKnock, D-rock and s3ts like this.
  15. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Blake Griffin couldn't even take a guy half his size without breaking his own hand. I remember when he punched that equipment manager.

Punk ass b****.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Again, see what Kidd did against Mike Woodson. Almost the same play.

My initial reaction was to question what possible motivation Blake would have to ram into MDA on purpose. Absent that, why should I assume intent? I don't think Blake is a hot-head who just goes ramming into opposing coaches willy-nilly.

As soon as someone offered a plausible motivation, I agreed that the contact was intentional on his part. That he didn't stop and turnaround like Kidd did doesn't mean that wasn't what he was going for. He simply didn't hear the whistle and decided to continue on rather than protest and draw attention to it that could potentially backfire against him.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Also likes pasta. ;)

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He wanted to send his non existing mustache flying.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member