1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHugh Shut down for remainder of the season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HTown_DieHard, Sep 22, 2014.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yes McHugh shut down. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/Aarcraft9">@Aarcraft9</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich">@EvanDrellich</a> McHugh shut down?</p>&mdash; Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/status/514189838262599680">September 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Truly a great season for McHugh. His stuff backs up the numbers. Awesome find by Luhnow & Co.

2. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

boooooo. I was hoping he'd get his 7 1/3 more innings to qualify for the ERA leaderboard.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Yeah, that sucks. Hope he is okay.

4. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

What a great find and a great year. Here's to hoping he comes back next year and doesn't miss a beat

5. Xercules

Xercules Member

Was skeptical about his initial success (as many were)... very glad he panned out. Excellent addition and I hope he builds on his success next year.

6. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

I am curious, when did you stop being skeptical? I was for a majority of the season but that stretch in early August (4 games of 1ER baseball for at least 6 innings) really won me over after a few "shakier" starts by his standards (but great for Peacock standards).

7. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You never really know until year 2 or 3.