1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mass Shooting at Santa Fe (TX) High School (2018)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 18, 2018.

1. VanityHalfBlack

How did the dumbass dad not secure his firearms???? What a r****d!!! Can we lock his ass up?? Can we take his guns away? Can we beat his ass?

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Talking points of who? The fact that he was an outward supporter of the 2 most deadly ideologies of the 20th century is relevant when it comes to his mindset and I think that others who support those opposed ideologies at the same time should be watched out for since the only good reason for supporting BOTH would be that you hate people.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not something that you can do anything about really other than punishing the gun owner for leaving his weapons unsecured which I'd be all in favor of. You aren't going to make guns go away and you aren't going to stop ******* kids from being bullies.

It's funny that you key in on communism though despite it being only one of 2 deadly ideologies I pointed to that he was a supporter of. You just ignored the part about how I was pointing out that he was a supporter of both communism AND nazism....2 differing deadly ideologies. It was the fact that he was a supporter of both at the same time that was of note. By all means though, feel like you have to come to the defense of the deadliest ideology of the 20th century simply because it was brought up as a negative alongside the 2nd most deadly ideology of the 20th century.

I think it's a red flag if someone supports 2 opposed ideologies at the same time with the only real thing in common being mass slaughter of people. I think if you have people with those kinds of red flags and weapons are left unsecured around them it's a problem. I know, crazy talk.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yung-T likes this.
  5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Both father and son should go to prison for life.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's stunning how you still have those idiotic "can't do anything about guns" or bullying views, if the world were full of morons like you we'd still have witch burnings, euthanize mentally ill people, have slaves etc.

"You can't do xy" is the worst attitude possible for humanity and doesn't further society.

Also nice that you didn't anyhow respond to the fact that communist countries don't have these shootings on a large scale, neither do neo-nazis outside of the USA shoot up schools on the regular.

But hey, guess anything to deflect blame from the NRA and your shameful "but muh 2nd amendment" views that are responsible for the deaths of thousands of people.

RasaqBoi and malakas like this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Bobby ruins every thread he vomits in

8. malakas

malakas Member

If any person who supported whacko contradictory ideologies in their teenage years was red flagged then there wouldn't be any resources or time left to catch criminals, all the staff will be busy following the social media of half the teenager population.
    Back in my school days, I've had PLENTY of classmates who were supporting communism and none of them shot anyone.

Now let's see at Japan. One of the worst countries when it comes to bullying.
    It's perfectly normal for students to be publicly ridiculed and insulted by their teachers, other students, other parents or even complete strangers in the street if they don't have good grades. (Their uniforms has a sign that shows how good they are in their class).
    It's perfectly normal for Japanese schools to have student gangs who beat up and extort students for their lunch money and make them their slaves.

And it's also very common that the whole class participates in one of the most brutal forms of bullying in any school in the world. All the students ignore completely their bullied classmate like he's a ghost who doesn't exist and this goes on for YEARS until graduation.

To top it off their SAT exams are considered the most important event in their whole life that will determine EVERYTHING often leading to student suicides.

Now do you see many japanese school shootings?
    You can't possibly believe that a) there isn't any bullied japanese student who after years of abuse is fed up and wants revenge? They aren't a nation of saints.
    b) that america has worse bullying and pressure in their schools?

So how come there haven't been 22 school shootings in 5 months in Japan? Or even one?

Yung-T and Severe Rockets Fan like this.
  9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I don’t know why he was taken alive.

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

11. Buck Turgidson

6 of my very rural conservative relatives and I came to an agreement yesterday afternoon: ban handguns and all semi-auto rifles over .22 caliber. Amp up mental health treatment/funding, allow for "mental" restraining orders.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So ARs are still perfectly legal but the millions of people with CCWs are out of luck.

That's a plan where everyone will disagree, congrats.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

At some point you have to blame the people who insist on replying.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Aren't AR's considered semi auto rifles?

15. Win

Win Contributing Member

I have an idea. How about we not let the NRA run this country anymore? It really IS that simple.

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

His description sounds like AR's would be banned too. Shotguns/bolt action rifles would be left.

17. Bandwagoner

"and all semi-auto rifles over .22 caliber."

Typically ARs are 22 caliber. There is a tiny percentage that are 6.5mm, 6.8mm, .458 etc and the AR10 is 30 caliber but the vast vast majority are .22 caliber.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Did you mean .223 instead of 22 caliber? Most I've seen are .223/5.56. But regardless, most AR's in his description would be banned when you said it wouldn't be.

19. Bandwagoner

.223 is a 22 caliber cartridge. so is .556, so is .224 valkyrie, so is .22 hornet so is .222 remington

20. Buck Turgidson

Ok you pedantic ****ing twit.

.22 long/short rifle. You know, the stuff that everyone who actually needs to use a gun calls a ".22"

Back to ignore.