1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] The Defenders

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 19, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All that K'un Lun stuff was definitely Iron Fist related

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

The guy who plays Iron Fist is trying to do his best Stephen Amell impersonation.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

yea, but as long as you know iron fist's comic book background story you should be fine. You don't need to sit through 12 hrs(?) of a poor show. AT least i don' think so, hard to say since i did sit through it.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I have never finished a Marvel Netflix series wanting more.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Iron fist is not that main stream of a character compared to daredevil .
    I'm sure most people want to know the story even if the series sucks

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Wasn't terrible, wasn't great.

Some spoilers here:

There is no continuity to their powers. Luke Cage can be hurt sometimes, but not other times.

Weaver character seemed pointless. Not intimidating at all, showed so much weakness and poof, gone. If you want an overarching story villian, she should have been built up int he individual series, like the fingers were.

Sowande was a good character and should have been involved in the Cage series somewhere.

Misty is just an annoying character, not redeeming at all. She was okay in the Cage series, but here, just annoying.

I really wanted the Iron Fist to just wreck the **** out of someone at any point. He always seem like such a p***y, even with Chi summoned. Too self righteous, not enough, **** you, I am a badass. I had hope in the boardroom scene, but nothing else other than that.

Why is the dragon under New York? This didn't make much sense.

They were fighting the hand, and I don't think there was a single ninja in the entire series.

Stick was a strong consistent character and sucks the way he went out.

Jessica Jones is a little too b****y, while Cage is too heroy. Jones needed to shut the **** up with the lip after **** became serious.

I'll always love Marvel stuff, and I actually enjoyed the Defenders, but there was some things to change that seemed pretty obvious. I do hope they continue with this type of stuff.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I've never done this before. But I watched 3 episodes Friday and the started the the 4th last night only half watching it before I went out and met some friends.

I thought I started the fourth episode where I left off tonight and actually put on the last episode by accident and watched it until the end. Yeah uhm what the hell.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Are you going to go back and watch the rest?

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah I watched the episode I meant to watch last night (4).

When I was watching it. I was thinking didn't they just meet together in a restaurant?? Now they are fighting?? And wait what he just died in the middle of the season?? Lol

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Villains were completely useless. Elekra+Ninja Army would have been a major improvement. Story was impossibly slight with no stakes. 6/10

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Enjoyed the series. Actors for 3/4 of the Defenders did a great job for most of the series. The last one did a great job at dinner scene, but sucked besides that scene. Iron Fist didn't bother me as much as others because I thought the others just did that great a job. I wish there was more of Weaver.

I'd put it as the 3rd best Marvel Series after JJ and DD.

#111 Joe Joe, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  12. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

This show was awful

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I thought the scene where Iron Danny was eating Chinese food was funny.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

After binged Luke Cage and Iron Fist hoping Defenders would be worth it. Sadly, I was let down by this show as a whole. Iron Fist being the main crux of the show sure didn't help since it was a struggle getting through his solo series. Guess, I'll just wait for Jessica Jones season 2 and The Punisher....

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

6.5/10

Spoilers ahead.

Villians were terrible except Sowande, he was pretty badass. Felt like they brought the asian guy in just to get his ass kicked lol & Weaver was next level useless, I don't even remember her name.

Iron Fist is just not likable at all, sounds like a broken record most of the time, he's a one trick pony & when he isn't fighting low level street thugs, he's usually getting his ass kicked.

Jessica was suprisingly average & Luke was suprisingly great. Agreed with the poster that said Jessica was too b****y this series, she had way too much of that "I don't need this, im over it" mentality... they're about to blow up New York... stfu & help out.. when Stick told her to stfu it was so satisfying.

Luke just does a better job as a side protagonist, which is weird because in terms of overall power he's far above anyone in these series. His interaction with the other characters was great & he was a cool head when the characters fought. He was so much better in this series than he was in his own series.

Daredevil was meh, he wasn't bad, he just never made an impact. He should've been more of a leader rather than drooling for Elektra half of the time. I forget he retired too lol.

They should give a small recap of what happened at the end of their respective seasons because I never finished Luke Cage/Iron Fist & I had forgotten what happened in DD season 2 & Jessica Jones.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Iron fist ruins the whole series for me. He makes the show unwatchable. I couldn't even get passed the first episode because the actor is so freaking annoying.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

White Devil my arse...lol

18. conquistador#11

I didn't like it. It just felt like one big excuse to get these people together.
    Punisher, save us all!
    "punisher be takin' all ya'll stupid evils, he be sayin' blam, blam blam blam blam blam blam blam"

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thanks to Harvey, just finished Iron Fist. Without even watching Defenders, I can tell it would have been a huge mistake not to watch Iron Fist first.

It wasn't terrible, just boring. Better than the last half of Luke Cage, which was a disaster.

tinman likes this.
  20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Defenders was OK. They should not do it again because the 4 characters don't really match well as a team.

I hope the second seasons of JJ, Luke Cage and Iron Fist improve as much as DD2 did over DD1.

This sums it up for me: