1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Marvel TV] Jessica Jones Season 2 (Netflix)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Jessica Jones Is (Thankfully) Getting A Second Season

[​IMG]

It took a lot longer than Daredevil’s renewal did, but Netflix finally confirmed that Jessica Jones will be getting a second season this past Sunday. Showrunner Melissa Rosenberg is set to return to take charge of another thirteen episodes, but when it came to a possible premiere date, those responsible for the show weren’t too forthcoming. The reason for that lack of certainty is the fact they don’t know where she’ll be squeezed in before The Defenders as the plan is obviously to still bring all of these characters together in a special event series.

Netflix already changed their plans once before by giving Daredevil a second batch of episodes this coming March (the original plan was for one season of each show to air, before launching The Defenders) as the success of that forced their hand. As a result, it could be that we end up waiting until after The Defenders airs in 2017 or 2018 before Jessica Jones gets another season.

That’s obviously a tad frustrating, but the important thing here is the fact that a second season for Jessica Jones has been confirmed and WILL happen in the near future.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im not disappointed this show is not showing up anytime soon. The first season was good due to the supporting cast. Carrie Anne Moss and Killgrave drove this season. 13 hours of Jessica Jones poorly acted emo behavior and over sarcastic attitude was exhausting.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. Nero

Nero Member

Poorly-acted? Can you give some specific examples of her poor acting?

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I ran pretty hot and cold on the first season. Everything with JJ and Luke Cage together was great. But there were way too many times when characters did stupid things just for the sake of plot. I feel like a real life Jessica Jones (one who was a resourceful and smart PI) would have figured out how to get Kilgrave MUCH sooner than ultimately happened. And even Kilgrave had to get stupid in the end to bring him down.

Hopefully the next season there is less than that, because there is the foundation for a fantastic show there.

Edit: Plus, the rules for Kilgrave's mind control were really flexible. Seems like they made them whatever they needed at any given time for plot purposes.

#4 RunninRaven, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  5. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I just think her temper tantrums are hilariously bad but entertaining show.

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Pretty much anytime she was being cynical, which was often. Im all for character development, but the show dwells way to much on her cynical nature. Poor acting may not be the right word ... just annoying.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

If there was a problem with the first season, it was that there wasn't enough story to fill 13 episodes. It felt like it should have been 10.

8. Nero

Nero Member

I know some people have complained about the secondary characters getting 'too much screen time', but I completely disagree - to me, the 'secondary' characters getting room to breathe was what really gave this show the edge and charm which set it apart. Each time we came across one of these people, who in any other series would have been 'throwaway' characters, we kept seeing them, and they grew and became much more than we thought at first glimpse.

Loved that about the show.

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I must say I am not strongly looking forward to it.
    I will watch it. . .i mean looks vastly better than Iron Fist
    Interestingly enough . . . no Luke in the Trailers
    Which I think is a Plus

I hope it has some high points
    Otherwise this will be the most depressing of all the series . . I mean depressing on purpose
    (Iron Fist was depressing for poor execution and other reason)

Rocket River

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It almost looks like that trailer would be the 1st season.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Shrug* I liked season 1, but season 2 doesn't look that interesting.

Duncan McDonuts and A_3PO like this.
  13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

So much depends on the villains in these shows. Good villain=good show. Bad villain=nope.

Reeko likes this.
  14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's an origins story. I'm not too curious as to how she got her strength. Killgrave was the star of the first season. I hope this story is as good.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Regarding Kilgrave, there was a lot of purple in the last scene of that trailer (1:55 mark) with someone clapping in the foreground. Either showrunner is screwing with the audience or Kilgrave is still pulling the strings in JJ's life some way.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

not excited for this, but I’ll still watch

Daredevil>Luke Cage>Jessica Jones>Iron Fist

Ottomaton likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Definitely watch... 12 weeks of an hour of watching Krysten Ritter reading the telephone book is must watch TV for me...

[​IMG]

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

David Tennant is confirmed in the cast for season 2. presumably just flashbacks/hallucinations, but he "in her head" figuratively as well as (presumably) literally.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/08/marvels-jessica-jones-david-tennants-kilgrave-season-2-first-look/

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Comes out tomorrow night. I expect some very low ratings due to the failures of the last few netflix marvel show and also they have given no real suggestion at the villan or storyline. not much buzz.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I have the same low expectations as prior to season 1. Hope it surprises me again. This time, there is no David Tennant as Kilgrave to carry the show.