1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movies] Infinity War! (Part 1 and 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Was too long and felt it's length for me. Trim it by 15 minutes and it would be great.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Vision killed Corvus, not Cap.

mikol13 and Ziggy like this.
  3. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

If you recall, BP fought both M'Baku and Killmonger in ceremonial combat and he was stripped of his powers prior to the contest. When he fought with Bucky & Cap in CW, he had the powers granted by the heart-shaped herb and was on par to their super solider serum-level abilities.

I do, however, believe he should've had a much easier time handling Killmonger after both had taken the herb and donned their suits. His years of experience using the BP suit should have given him a bigger, more noticable advantage during their second fight. At that point, Erik had worn it very shortly and I'm sure was still getting accustomed to it. Of course, I can understand why you wouldn't want a one-sided fight as the final showdown and was fine with making them evenly matched.

Obito likes this.
  4. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Tony should've Nanotech'ed another gauntlet to match Thanos' gauntlet

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Yep you're right. Although a lot of the fight with Buck and Cap was hand to hand combat so i guess I was just expecting some experience to show but as both of us stated, plot armor.

I actually really liked Killmonger, he came out strong in the first half of the movie, but then he kind of just got lame. As someone said in the other thread, that movie's biggest flaw in the future will be (apparently) killing Klaw off so early.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

It would have made a shitty movie if he won the first fight in 2 minutes.

7. Obito

It's logical that Marvel or anyone would choose to unbalance the power scaling a bit to try and make a more appealing movie. Hope it's better addressed in the future though, it's not something they can't work around rather easily.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's not really an excuse, just a note, that the same problem exists in the comics. Different writers, different takes, different storylines, different liberties.

marky :) likes this.
  9. Obito

Yep. Strange and Fate (DC) used to be pretty overpowered as was Superman and Darkseid. Time’s change and that’s also a factor.

They tread on lighter grounds in terms of characters and the arcs that they choose to put in the movies where they don’t over power the characters (Classic Fate, Rune King Thor, World Breaker Hulk etc). It’s pretty smart, imagine trying to put Classic Dr Strange performing open heart surgery on Eternity on the big screen.

This is one of (many) DC’s biggest flaws with the movies, look at Justice League, Superman is way too overpowered. While Supes is stronger than any Avenger in most of his versions, there are a ton of reoccurring characters in DC that can stalemate or beat Supes, and so they bring in Steppenwolf? Lol.

I still believe one of Marvels few and small problems is nerfing certain characters. Power scaling is a problem most comics, mangas, animes have trouble with so it’s really no knock on Marvel.

#669 Obito, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Joshfast likes this.
  10. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

if only strange doctor had more time, he could look at 1 billion possibilities instead of just 14 mil. then maybe he could find at least 100 win possibilities to choose from, preferably one that has hawkeye, black window, and other useless avengers with no real powers die permanently.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He had the time stone and homey needed more time?

Maybe he's not a real doctor...

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

he's really not. a real doctor wouldn't text and drive.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Surgeon-turned sorceror. He cut things open.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

in the 1800s strange doctor would have been burned at the stake.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He was on his hands free device.

But he did take his eyes off a winding road while going at least 100 mph in his Lambo and doing this:

[​IMG]

It was pretty fitting though. As a Doctor he was a major douche with a superiority complex to him. Funny how Cumberbatch keeps getting cast for these sort of roles. Hey, what works, works. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. PhiSlammaJamma

My theory: I couldn't get away from the fact that the Hulk doesn't turn, so I built my theory on the idea the Hulk knows something. I also could not get away from Red Skull. Are you kidding me, he's there for a reason. So...

The Grandmaster wanted to pit life vs death in the ultimate battle to see who would win. Half on one side. Half on the other.
    To do this Grandmaster sets his plan in motion.
    He knows that Thanos wants the power stone because his world Titan was destroyed by it
    The Grandmaster knows his brother the collector has it.
    So he sets in motion the series of events to put the powestone into the hands of thanos, Ronan heads to knowhere to get it.
    Eventually Thanos gets the powerstone from Xanar and begins his quest to get every stone and balance the universe.
    After the infinity war is set in motion, we get to the point where half of the universe is dead and the other half alive.
    Now Grandmaster is so exited he can't control himself.
    But, he forgot that told the Hulk of his grand scheme on the strange planet.
    Which is why Hulk will not turn. And why he went straight to Dr. Strange.
    Hulk knows it's just a game. And Banner is the only one smart enough to put all of this together.
    The goal now is get Thanos to realize he's part of some sick game.
    This is where the Red Skull comes in.
    The Red Skull has been trying to cheat death since day one.
    And ultimately was trapped in the freak place.
    Banner met with him prior to Thanos arriving.
    Dr. Strange made this happen.
    Red Skull ensured the stone would be taken.
    With the Soul Stone taken, the Red Skull is free, no longer forced to guard the Soul Stone ( control of life and death )
    Red Skull had a plan all along to the get the stones, and now they will be his.
    He easily defeats Thanos with the help of the avengers.
    Skull takes the stones.
    Skull is all powerful now.
    But he just wants to face Captain America and kill the dude himself. So he reverses all time.
    Everyone is reset.
    The Grandmaster is disappointed, but in glee at a new competition and eats lots of popcorn.
    This leads to an epic battle between the red skull at full power and captain america which the red skull will win.
    I mean he has all five infinity stones, and a new gauntlet.
    And now all hell is about to break loose.
    Movie over.

#677 PhiSlammaJamma, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  18. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

I can see your theory about skull since he seemed to be playing Death of the comics

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Whether this becomes the plot or not, that is something I wouldn't mind watching play out.

You've been playing too much Contest of Champions btw. :D

tinman likes this.
  20. Roscoe Arbuckle

There are 6 stones, numbnuts.