1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movie] Black Panther

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Saw it this week. 8/10. Nothing special IMO, just pretty good.

LongTimeFan likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Thanks, appreciate this. Hard to get just a movie-goer type take, what with all the adulation on one side and hate on the other.

The clips I've seen seem to lean very heavily on CGI in an obvious fashion, but the cast is top notch.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Too much adulation for Black Planter.. I Need an explanation. See something, say something.

[​IMG]

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Agree; not even a top five Marvel movie IMO.

Villain was meh and not 'sympathetic' at all. Disappointed that Klaw went out like a chump, he's supposed to be BP's archenemy.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Just watched it on a flight yesterday. I enjoyed it.

8.5 out of 10

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just watched it as well.

It was good, but I was let down. The movie is WAY over hyped because of the social implications. I went in prepared for this to be THE BEST Marvel movie. I mean people had thrown around talk of Academy Awards!

It's definitely a fun movie and is very well done for a comic movie. The cast is solid...except...and I'll probably get some heat for this...the two main characters. Eek. I just didn't get anything from Boseman as Black Panther and found Jordan to be cringe worthy in any dialogue scene. All of the supporting characters are good.

I enjoyed the Thor/Hulk buddy cop movie more, but this is still a good addition to the Marvel stable. Definitely worth watching.

Jontro, arkoe, A_3PO and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

who do you see more fit to play black panther? i was skeptical with boseman at first, but thought he was fine after watching it. i imagined someone like djimon hounsou would have been perfect 20 years ago. he has the tall built that boseman doesn't have.

but to be honest, i don't see much of any social implications in this movie like people make it out to be. i think people are seeing too much into it. i just thought it was cool, like my friends and i do the wakanda chest salute when we see each other at work for like a week.

it's not on the level of winter soldier or civil war, but enjoyed it like ragnarok and guardians.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It’s not that I have someone better for the role I just didn’t find him interesting. Seemed very stiff.

The only character who was 100% worse was Forrest Whitaker. I didn’t like when he played this character i ln Star Wars either

Jontro likes this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I def suggest The Crying Game to you. You will love it.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I watched this and Downsizing on a plane ride. This was better than Downsizing.

Good movie. But wasn’t the greatest movie ever as I had been lead to believe.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm glad that we can finally critique the movie fairly without being called a racist for not praising it as the best movie ever.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i really enjoyed it amd thought it belongs in the higher ranks of marvel movies. i just don't think this movie is the black empowerment bs that some may believe.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

delete.

#613 DreamShook, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I just watched it. 5/10

Solid action and whatnot.

Super silly story. I chuckled a lot.

15. dmoneybangbang

Thanos really overshadows how weak most of the MCU villains have been. This movie had good world building but the actual struggle just wasn't executed well despite some interesting turns.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just got around to watching Black Panther.

I thought the world building in Wakanda was pretty cool. Wish it was even explored in more detail. And loved the costumes and colors of the movie.

I thought the movie was solid. Just solid. And because of that feel the movie was WAY, WAY over hyped. Not saying it was bad at all. Just that it isn't even in my top 5 Marvel movies. And that was kind of how the hype was trending.

The movie's success got lightning in a bottle for a number of factors.

Amazing that it now has hit 700M domestic. 3rd all time
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/domestic.htm

Blurr#7 and ROXTXIA like this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The movie was good but way overhyped
    I understand its success but it should have been better. The character's debut in Civil War was great.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LOL!!!
    MMMKKKAaay

Rocket River

19. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I thought it was great. Am I allowed to say that, or that "virtue signaling"?

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

now it pretty much means you're racist if you like it.