1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movie] Black Panther

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

This movie was good. Not orgasmly great, but good, maybe an 8 out of 10. I wanted it to be great. But I think it's a very necessary tie-in with Infinity War.

Plowman likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In the infinity war trailer there’s a huge battle in wakanda

I just think you didn’t like the movie
    But it completely ties into the universe .

It’s like you are saying Asgard in Ragnorok was pointless

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I liked the first 2 Tobey movies. The last one is as bad as The Last Jedi.

tinman and fba34 like this.
  4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Just watched this film and I thought it was awful. I'd give it a 2/10. I know most people love this film, but I thought the story, the acting, and the special effects were terrible.

Look, I'm not big on comic book movies. But, I did enjoy some of the Batman movies, the first X-men movie, and the first Iron Man movie. So, it's not like I hate all comic book movies.

I also thought the Last Jedi was atrocious. So, I'm not just down on Black Panther.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

that's something you don't hear anymore. Any specific sequence you are talking about that looked terrible? I don't think this movie was rushed in production like Rogue One so I'm not sure why the CG would be bad.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The special effects were at their worst during the final Killmonger vs Black Panther fight. There were moments that were PS3 video game bad. It's mad all the worse given that they spent 200 mil making it, more than Guardians of the Galaxy, more than Spiderman Homecoming, more than Winter Soldier, more than Doctor Strange, hell more than just about any standalone MCU movie and yet we still got terrible CG.

There's really no excuse for it, but maybe they just knew that most people wouldn't care if the quality was poor.

Jontro likes this.
  7. Newlin

Newlin Member

Not any particular sequence. Maybe it's just that the entire movie seemed like a cartoon. Everything looked fake. I guess I don't want to notice the CG.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You are describing something like Attack of the Clones level bad. It just can't be. I might actually watch the movie now tho.

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Oh i hated it too. They tried to have some deeper meaning with the isolationism which could of been interesting, but then at the end it was just lets beat up the bad guy and that's it. Same old stuff. The action scenes were forgettable too.

I'm confused what people thought was above average about this film to get such high praise.

the final fight scene where they are falling and punching each other was Justice League bad CG

#589 tallanvor, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it's not that bad, just not anywhere near the quality that you'd expect today. Here's an example of some of it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only one of the above wasn't in the actual movie, can you guess which one?

#590 Bobbythegreat, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps. But the last one also has the best scene in any superhero movie ever made... :D

And again, Force Awakens is by far the worst Star Wars. :p

Jontro, mrm32 and MadMax like this.
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i liked your post only by ignoring this last part.

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There is an excuse. But it isn't going to make anyone happy. The amount of CGI used in Hollywood is at an all-time high, BY FAR. The demand has outpaced the talent. Special FX studios struggle to meet deadlines, many good ones are booked-up with existing projects. There's just not enough talent available. Infinity Wars was probably priority #1.

Bobbythegreat and Jontro like this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

i would imagine any marvel movie would be a priority, especially since black panther had the budget.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Never safe to assume. For all we know that terrible Disney Oprah movie had them tied up. And BP was sandwiched between an Avengers & Star Wars. Plus any other movies that got made. Y'alls beloved Justice Leagues and Transformers.

Bandwagoner and Jontro like this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

justice league cgi was pretty bad. black panther and jl must have gotten the short straw.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That answer makes a lot of sense, Infinity War had to be top notch since it has been so long in the making, I could see them pulling top talent off of other projects to ensure Thanos put Steppenwolf to shame....and they pulled it off. Perhaps that's why Black Panther cost so much, they threw extra money at it to pay for more CG people to make up for not getting the top quality guys who were working on IW.

18. plates300

plates300 Member

watched this last week and I thought it was just OK. I wasn't looking for an amazing plot or anything but the characters just seemed mediocre. Everyone I talked to said it was the greatest marvel movie they've seen but I didn't see it that way. That and I found Michael B Jordan's character to be rather annoying.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That was truly gripping. Great facts mixed with even greater commentary.

I give it a 10/10!

Best part:

upload_2018-5-18_9-0-16.png

[​IMG]

KingCheetah likes this.