1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Markieff Morris signs with OKC.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Feb 14, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You can't predict what people are going to do, you kept us all well informed. Inside info from you, @Clutch ,@cyberx is one of the many reasons this site is so great! Please continue to keep us updated we are all really grateful. Hope things are going well with your health also brotha.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lmao.

3. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Look here keyboard gangsta. It dosen't Matter if they finish 4th through 8th when the bucks have the best record in the NBA. I hope he wins mvp but he wont when your losing to non playoff teams and losing games to the other teams with mvp canidates. It's common sense you idiot

4. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

I'm thinking ariza or Wilson Chandler

BamBam and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is a move to a direct WC rival.

I'll take it as a direct affront.

6. izeroi

izeroi Member

We're going to end up with zbo and the ball boy as our big pickups.

chadyang likes this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

Honestly I don’t blame Morris. Objectively speaking, OKC has a higher ceiling this year than Houston.

payaso and chadyang like this.
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gotta milk dat line like non.

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

Guess no one want's to sign with the rockets so GSW will make it again to the championship with out a fight.

chadyang likes this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

Beas it is then

Clips/Roxfan likes this.
  12. anchel

anchel Member

¿? I dont think so.
    Morris has been bad defensively last 2 years, will want minutes, shots, is a difficult personality.... if we can get a healthy Luc, we may have been lucky here at the end of the day.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm glad we didn't get him. Seems like a hot head with a carmelo Anthony attitude of I need my minutes.

14. Asian Sensation

Markieff reminds me of Greg Monroe. They’re both big, slow, plodders that don’t rebound well, can’t defend (man or switch) and on offense they’re highly inefficient but love taking shots. Neither are conducive to winning basketball and their net overall impacts are almost always negative.

I wouldn’t have minded him being here but I don’t mind one bit that he’s not here.

15. bmd

bmd Member

I’ve said it before and have taken heat for it and I’ll say it again...

Codman is full of ****.

Anybody that speaks in riddles like he knows something and he’s giving you hints is full of ****.

If you really have information, you’ll just come out and say it instead of playing silly games.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

OKC is deeply in the luxury tax territory with an estimated tax bill of $58M this year. They're paying the repeater tax while we're trying our best to dodge it. They're jumping on Morris right away while we likely asked him to wait on us to sign him for the minimum. It's not OKC has unlimited pockets. They're a small market team while Houston is supposed to be the fifth largest market in the NBA. I hate OKC, but at least their ownership is willing to spend to compete.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Presti - "Scared money don't make none"

- Markieff Morris
    - Noel
    - Dennis Schorder (and taking ON his 3yr salary for Melo)
    - (Taj Gibson / McDermott - outbidding the Rockets previously)
    - (Paul George - trading prime assets even though PG could walk)

Fertitta: "I am scared"

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Who?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. BoricuaRox11

BoricuaRox11 New Member

No need to apologize at all Cod. We are blessed to even STILL be getting info from you...regardless if it's right or wrong...it's still cool to have someone on the board that shares (The scoop of the EARS) with us. As a lonnnng time lurker (lurking even before I created the profile) I am just grateful you're still around posting on her with your situation. You're one of the reasons I enjoy the Clutchfans community man. When you post my colleagues and I gather around the screen and enjoy attempting to decode your info. So again, no need to apologize brother.. keep kicking cancers ass, all of CF is here for you brother! #CODMANSTRONG

D-rock, amaru and pippendagimp like this.
  20. amaru

amaru Member

I say that because OKC has a legit big man rotation, they are younger and longer on the perimeter and they are way more consistent than the Rockets. A lot of that is because we have had injuries all year long. In the off-season that may change in our favor, but right now I can see why a player looking from the outside at both franchises would pick OKC over Houston.