1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Gasol wants out if Memphis doesn't improve

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spoolxx, Aug 18, 2017.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm glad Morey picked up Tarik as insurance for Clint and Nene, but I hope Morey can improve the frontcourt by the February deadline.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Marc Gasol. Ainge and his assets have been waiting for this.

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's no pleasing some people.

(That's what Jesus said Sir! Blessed are the cheese makers!)

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Capela continues to make big strides every year. He's come such a long way. I still remember how horrible he looked his 1st few times on the court during his rookie season.

His free throw percentage continues to improve. He's great at running the PnR. He shows promise as a rebounder and rim protector. He's still only 23. He showed some very encouraging signs against the Spurs in the playoffs. He averaged 24 mpg last year, but there's no reason to believe that he can't eventually become a 30+ mpg player. Deandre Jordan didn't start playing over 30 mpg until his age 25 season. Clint Capela continues to get better which is what's most important. Also, it's far more likely that Capela won't be receiving a max deal next summer so the issue of having him on a max contract shouldn't really be some big concern. Capela would have to be an absolute monster this upcoming season in order to get one IMO, the market is dry.

#84 Reeko, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I agree with this 100% my only concern is so does the NY Knicks. I am not sure we would be able to get Marc Gasol, likely not. Unfortunately. I think the Knicks are sitting on a Clint Capela offer for a Carmelo deal. Hoping DM stays strong and keeps him out of any deals for Anthony.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

ryan and filler for m gasol confirmed?

gasol/capela twin tower lineup confirmed?

git fur dome, morlay!

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I can't see DM ever including Capela in a Melo deal. I think he has a set value for Melo which is Ryno and filler, and he might be willing to add a little more value as we approach training camp. I can't see Morey going from not even wanting to include Ariza to eventually tossing in our best asset.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.