1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luka Doncic: Top 5 pick when available

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by _RTM_, Jun 24, 2016.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is a carry and he does it several times. Not only does he pin the ball against his chest, but he dribbles above his head a few times. There was nothing impressive about that video...mate.

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

Die hard DOF? You're funny..have a good one

BigO likes this.
  3. omgTHEpotential

I don't know what you're talking about. Europe is known for their strict travel calls and actual good refereeing. I follow both Euro and NBA basketball, and I can tell you for sure a guy like Irving would need to make a lot of adjustments to his handle if he even attempted to play in Europe.

BigO likes this.
  4. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watch the slomo video again. After Doncic slips and #3 dribbles behind his back, he then pins the ball against his jersey and goes back to his dribble. I’m not that guy who nitpicks about guys carrying the ball either, almost everyone does it. BTW, I honestly just learned about Doncic yesterday after seeing some mock drafts and came to this thread. Is he really that good?

5. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

His numbers dwarf every euro player his age ever, best season ever for an 18 year old over there.

Still has the same question that every white/>50% black player has coming into the draft, is he quick enough for the NBA, both first step and latteraly? That alone is the difference between Goran Dragic and Alexey Sheved.

6. Raz

Raz Member

7. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Beat me to it, as I couldn't post from work. Excellent job by Doncic!

Also his mother told Slovenian press today that Luka will declare for draft this year, though he probably won't attend it unless they sweep their opponent at that time in 3 games.

Btw in tonight's game Doncic also had 3 steals and he's been fouled 10 times.

Raz and omgTHEpotential like this.
  8. omgTHEpotential

That's really nice, and a fantastic game winner shot by him. But he needs to take care of the ball better. 7 turnovers to 4 assists is not acceptable for a PG. They might not have needed his clutch heroics to win the game if he managed to limit his turnovers. Granted, I always forget we're talking about a 19-year old kid here. But the standard is very high for Luka at this point. We can't treat him as we do other 19-year olds, because he's not.

Koperboy likes this.
  9. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Regular Euroleague season just finished and Luka Doncic has the highest statistical index of 22,7! He is 4x MVP of a single round and third in scoring behind Alexey Shved and Nando de Colo. He is the youngest ever to achieve the highest SI before the playoffs begin.

There isn't a MVP of regular season. Euroleague chooses MVP after Final Four is completed. Last three season's MVPs are Sergio Lull, Nando de Colo and Nemanja Bjelica in 2014/2015.

Real hasn't been as dominant this season as most of us expected, but with most of the players back from injuries, they are the dark horse to win the tournament. How great it would be for Luka to win the whole thing!

gregsa likes this.
  10. omgTHEpotential

Real's side of the bracket is crazy. Only one of Real/CSKA/Panathinaikos/Khimki will reach the final.

11. Normalus

Normalus Member

Khimki is garbage though.

12. gregsa

gregsa Member

Luka Doncic should go 1st! He is unofficial MVP of regular season 2017/2018 in Euroleague!

That's against grown mans!!

Here are the highlights

13. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

The last 4 MVPs were all career role players in the NBA, but the fact that he outplayed them at 18-19 reenforces the assertion that he has ZERO bust potential.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This dude gonna be good or great but not a bust. Could be the next James Harden or good major potential like D'Angelo Russell and Kris Dunn. Both are great places to be imo even if on one side is an all time great and the other is really good potential all star.

If I'm PHX and have the chance I put him next to Booker to try and create knock off version of Harden/CP3/Ariza with Donic, Booker, and Josh Jackson as your 1,2, and 3. That has potential to be very legit. However the temptation to draft Ayton might be too much but would be a major missed opportunity imo.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Will his moves work against defenders whose athleticism is not quite as deceptive than those in the video?

16. gregsa

gregsa Member

Soooo true!! You've said it all!

17. omgTHEpotential

Game 2 of the playoffs is today. Doncic was a non factor in Game 1 in which his team got blown out by 30 points. Luka had 10 points (2/5 FG), 1 rebound and 2 turnovers. Crazy greek fans can do that to less experienced players. The atmosphere in those arenas is no joke.

18. bmelo

bmelo Member

good he exprience it though. he won't ever find this kind of intensity from fans in nba. he will be extremly talented and exprienced as a 19/20? year old kid

19. omgTHEpotential

Game 3 is on, and Nick Calathes has been locking Doncic down so far.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

no evidence the breh even lift. i hold my judgment.

Swiss Roll likes this.