1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luka Doncic: Top 5 pick when available

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by _RTM_, Jun 24, 2016.

1. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

2. omgTHEpotential

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

Another solid game in Euroleague.
    [​IMG]

4. omgTHEpotential

Radoncic acts like antimatter, he needs to balance things out so that Doncic would not destroy the entire universe.

5. omgTHEpotential

6. omgTHEpotential

Only 12 points (3/10 from the field), 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal and 3 turnovers in a loss against Alexey Shved & Co.

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

And missed wide open game-winner. You can't be God consistently bein' just 18 tho.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  8. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

So has he fallen off the face of the earth or did our native yuro-leage expert simply vanish?

9. omgTHEpotential

Doncic did okay today. 18 points, 2 rebounds and 4 assists in 23 minutes. However, his team got blown out by 30.

10. Raz

Raz Member

Yung-T likes this.
  11. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Lol, I was 8 min late to post this :D

Raz likes this.
  12. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

He has highest index in Europe, but since Real is losing with 3 major contributors injured, he isn't automatic Euroleague MVP every month. For a regular 18y old player he has been stellar, but for his standards he has been playing only decent/solid, which is still unbelivable.

Don't forget he is doing all this against grown up men, while US top prospects are playing way inferior competition...

Yung-T likes this.
  13. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Luka Dončič, breaker of ankles...it's fascinating how crafty he is already and how nicely he can control his dribble and tempo

heypartner and Normalus like this.
  14. basketballholic

Love the smirk at the end of this.

15. Normalus

Normalus Member

Ejected from the game for the 2nd technical, I believe. First one was bloody.

16. omgTHEpotential

I didn't watch that game but that is not a good look. Hopefully he isn't becoming too arrogant and full of himself. That could be his downfall when he comes over and tries to adjust to the NBA level of play.

17. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Way to keep it professional, Luka:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

18. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

The saddest thing is he was ejected by a referee from his own country.

First foul was him defending the ball and the elbow was unintentional. The referee awarded him an unsportmanship foul after reviewing the play, which is not legal in Europe (changing a referee's decision after instant replay).
    Later he got the technical foul, which prompted the ejection, for pointing to his shirt and saying to his opponent "I'm playing for Real Madrid and you don't!". Players exchange those a lot in the league, but it almost never warrants a technical. The referee obviously had an agenda.

Due to referee's illegal handling of unsportmanship foul, Real could demand to nullify the game and succeed at that. Since they've won, they probably won't do that.

The ejection was good practice for Doncic's temper. He is usually quite calm and doesn't argue with referees too much. If Draymond was ref'd like Doncic last night, he probably wouldn't be able to play more than 10 min a game.

EDIT: Also, about "being full of himself"...nearly all superstars in NBA and most of those from Europe are "full of themselves". Luka is a superstar in Europe and I don't mind this behaviour.

19. omgTHEpotential

Yes, but he's a long way from being anything resembling an NBA caliber star. I hope he doesn't act like this in his NBA rookie year. The refs already treat rookies like ****, but if you're acting like an arrogant brat, you're just gonna self-destruct. Honestly, this was quite surprising to me, he always seemed so calm, collected and polite. I didn't know he was capable of melting down like that. I guess even Luka can act like an 18 year old sometimes :)

20. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I think rookies in NBA get humbled by enormous difference between college and NBA game. Also they get an introductory meeting with some NBA veterans. Luka didn't get any of that. I think this incident will be one of rare occasions Luka lost his cool.