1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luka Doncic to Mavericks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Normalus

Normalus Member

De'Aron Fox is ballin' this year. In addition, they have Bogdan Bogdanovic as secondary ball handler. Luka was not the right fit for them, and it's not like they did something stupid by drafting Bagley. He is still one of the better ones in this class.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I like Fox, Bogdanovic, and Bagley as players.

But Fox and Bogdanovic would still be on the team had they drafted Luka.

And Bog is not equal to Luka as far as a ballhandler/playmaker. One is much better than the other.

So really it does come down to Bagley v Luka. And yes, Bagley is good. He will be good. He's only 19 and will improve. However, the same can be said for Luka, who is at this point substantially better.

arabrocket, roslolian and malakas like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

So what? They didn't change the rules this year. They were set before he came to the league they weren't made to target him.
    The fans had spoken before about Manu and Zaza too.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

Bagley scored yesterday 32 points. So definitely you chose the wrong time to make this post.:D
    Sure they fcked up but because their team instead of being bottom 5 as everyone expected is in the brink of making the playoffs for the first time in who knows how many years, and because out of nowhere a franchise caliber player in Fox appeared, the general feeling is enthusiasm instead of rage by the fans.

The Suns fans should be more outraged though.

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Not really. Not to take away anything from him, just comparing: Bagley had 32/7 against NBA's worst team. Luka had 28/9/6 with clutch shots against 4th seed in the West with substantially worse team than Bagley has. So timing is actually pretty good.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Luka has been better all season long, so at the night when Bagley actually scored his carreer high of 32 points is definitely the worst timing of the season..?
    As I said they fcked up however their fans have enough reasons to be happy with what they have going right now so as not to be outraged about it.

Maybe Bagley can become a star player.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's true. Perhaps, if they have sustained success with this core they will never be too upset about not drafting Luka, simply because they had been so bad for so long beforehand.

roslolian and malakas like this.
  8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I said it's a good timing, because you can draw the direct comparison to Luka. Even with Bagley having career high, "normal" night for Luka looks better against a better opponent.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

I think you misundertand something.
    Not even the most fanatical Bagley fan would claim that he has shown as much potential as Luka has. I didn't say that.
    I said when a fanbase is happy and especially on the night, their rookie scores 32 points, there is no reason to be outraged.
    He may not become a superstar but he may become a star. He has shown signs for it. It's not like he is a bust.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol. Fat boy is getting shut down

Zboy likes this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol..look at the Euro Scrub trying to emulate Harden.

FAIL.

King1 and roslolian like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

The only ones with signs of being a bust is Trae Young I dunno why nobody is getting on him. There won't be a good team with him as a main player too much of a liability on D and too unathletic to get his shot off properly.

14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

They want this fat clown to be an All-star. Maybe on the Food network

Zboy likes this.
  15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Before the season started I mentioned here that Luka would be a game changer,but the more I look at him the more likely I feel like he will have a sopohmore slump. He barely looks like he has any legs on that jumper, he had 3-4 airball 3s today. He's on bleacherreport and espn non stop, so people have the idea that he is the next Kobe, but I dont think being this slow with a release like that will get him to the point where hes the best player on a playoff team. I was afraid of KP going to dallas, but hes never been healthy either. This team wont be a playoff team with KP, Luka, and another borderline all-star.

cheke64 likes this.
  16. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

You say this after watching this one game? He was playing back to back and constantly hounded by Tucker, what do you expect? 30 point triple doubles every game? Geez...

17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Where does it say anywhere I watched only one game? Boy you dallas people are not very bright.

18. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Well you mentioned "today", so what was I to conclude? Also GTFO with dallas people, I'm a Rockets' fan.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Travis Schlenk: Hawks Would Have Drafted Luka Doncic If They Kept 3rd Pick

Travis Schlenk said that the Atlanta Hawks were going to draft Luka Doncic had they kept the 3rd pick in last year's draft.

"Not a lot of people know this...if we stayed at 3, we would have taken Luka. We had worked with his agent, he did a physical with us that morning in New York...but then Dallas came in an hour or so before the draft. I told them all along that it would take another lottery pick for us to slide back, and that's when the conversations got started," Schlenk stated on Adrian Wojnarowski's podcast.

The deal to move back two spots and receive a top-5 protected pick from the Mavs this season was influenced by analytics.

"Our analytics staff was predicting Dallas to finish 8th this year," added Schlenk.