1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Love how Ignore works now

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by DaDakota, Oct 9, 2016.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

LMAO!!! This coming from Mr. Jerk-off.o_O

(P.S.) It's not a secret if half of Clutchfans knows about it ... but I regress. :cool:

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I thought Jopat was gone for good only to realize that it was the ignore working.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's wonderful. I put another bigot on ignore in D&D and it's as if the jerk, who will remain nameless, never existed. I don't see his quotes, his threads, anything! Truly a wonderful addition to what was already a fan-tastic site.

Now if only "ignore" could be made forum specific... I have to admit, however, that the nameless fellow I mentioned is someone I wouldn't want to read anywhere. I wouldn't use his posts as toilet paper if they were transcribed onto roll of Charmin's best.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I said it earlier. The only additional thing I would wish the ignore did was hiding the posts that replied to the ignored posts. It's weird seeing people talking to a ghost I don't see.

KingCheetah likes this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Bumped this thread to talk about the ghosts. Sometimes threads look simply haunted. Books fly off the shelves at random, the lights flicker, in the distance a door creaks. People are rebutting dumb arguments, even perhaps getting agitated and lobbing insults, but when you go to see who they're talking to, there's no one there. Especially when a spirit is prodigious, the whole thread becomes possessed by them though the spirit itself never materializes. It's weird.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I bet some of us got a 6th sense for wraiths.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You haven't blocked everyone who has posted more than 10 times in the Lin thread? You still have work to do. ;)

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd like to have the options to browse threads that were created by someone on ignore. I've blocked a handful of people, but they sometimes start an all-encompassing soccer or football thread where posters I enjoy reading on those topics are commenting. However, because the OP is on ignore, I don't see the thread at all in the subforum.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

you blocked @Yung-T breh?

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's the whole point. I don't want to even see their thread.

btw: you know there is indeed the option you seek. Scroll to the bottom of the thread list ... if you see "Show Ignored Content" you can click that, and termporarily view ignored threads. But no way I vote for showing ignored user's thread again, like last BBS software. I like the opt-in "Show Ignored Content."

Yeah, it's weird. But pretty obvious something is going on. But I like it that way. By ignoring the guy who is obviously posting a lot that ppl are arguing with, I can scroll through each page quicker...because instead of 20 posts showing, there is only like 15....less posts particularly helps scrolling on cell phones and iPads....

And like what I said to dumbartonbass, there is a "Show Ignored Content" per page in a thread, if someone on ignore posted something or was replied to in quotes. Just click that,,,,then you can further temporarily follow the argument if you want by Unignoring them, then Ignore again when done.

I love the way this all operates. Hell, I'd even vote for posts that quote an Ignored member should be hidden as well,,,,so the ghost effect of them talking to what looks like no one doesn't even show up. Then click "Show Ignored Content" if I'm bored and curious.

Yung-T and mtbrays like this.
  11. heypartner

btw: Ignored Threads also don't show as results in a Search. That one I my vote against.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's what I wanted.

13. mtbrays

Supporting Member

-Edit-
    Thanks for the help! I read your post with heavy eyes and it took a second to register.
    I tried to avoid specific examples, but here goes: a user I have on ignore started the 2017 Gold Cup thread. I can see that the thread exists on the BBS' homepage when it is the most recently updated thread in the Other Sports section and would like to read the opinion of almost all of the posters that are in that thread except for the OP.

14. mtbrays

Supporting Member

;);):):mad::eek::Do_O

@Yung-T is a saint.

Yung-T likes this.
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

*cries in Spanish*

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The soccerboard plot thickens....you know you can un-ignore that user anytime you want......

17. heypartner

Yo, when you see it as most recent, just click on the name and the bbs will take you to the last unread thread. If you instead, click the forum, it goes hidden. So don't enter the forum. That forum probably doesn't change its most recent very often, either. Just click the link to the thread when it is most recent.

viola

[​IMG]

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I still don't see how you do that in practice. In real life, posters will quote a guy, respond with something, then maybe quote someone else, and then take a tangent to make some different point. If you ignore those responses too, you're going to start losing the thread of the conversation.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess if it could be done, it would block only the posts that directly quoted the ignored posters. If you carried out a conversation without quoting said ignored posters, then obviously the machine wouldn't be able to know. (More sophisticated AI probably could discern this kind of things, but we don't expect it to be applied here.)

It would even be better if there was a switch where you could turn on or off "Ghost Mode." :)

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I can't wait for the day when I goto a board with nothing but AI telling me how great I am...