1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lonzo Ball is Ricky Rubio 2.0

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockbox, Nov 6, 2017.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The kid can not shoot at all. His shooting percentage is less that 30 percent for the season. The Lakers will never get out of the first round of the playoffs until the kid fixes his ugly ass shot.

dragonwill and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Is it because of his shooting form that he have such a bad percentage? He shot a pretty good percentage in college with that ugly shot.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is why he is just a kid. If he cannot improve within 5 years, call us back.

4. omgTHEpotential

Don't disrespect Ricky Rubio. Rubio is shooting over 40% and has a higher FG% than Kevin Love :D

5. rockbox

He's having career year at a blistering 41 percent. LOL

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Someone should start a thread, Are we just going to ignore Rubio's huge drop in assists.

5.8 assists to 4.1 TOs = 1.4 Ast/TO ratio all his worst stats ever, by far.

He has 7 total assists in last 3 games. Just 17 in last 5 games.

Something tells me the Utah coach no longer values him as a QB for the team, and he's just another motion player. because with the ball in his hands all the time, he won't get guarded, and disrupts winning basketball, despite his high assists in previous years.

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I'm surprised he hasn't been shipped back to Europe.

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

But he shot 55.1% from the field in the college, as well as 41.2% from deep. Are we counting him out already?

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It was a lot easier for him to get his shot off in college. Blonzo's form won't work in the NBA.

I expect him to reconstruct his shot next summer.

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

His father is a former NBA player right? How could his father watch him develop that ugly shot? Don't tell me he was taught to shot like that by his father.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I hope this is sarcasm about Blavar being a former player.

As controlling as Blavar seems to be, you make a valid point regardless.

12. rockbox

Ricky Rubio had two seasons where he shot over 39 and 42 percent from 3's in Europe.

13. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Different game, difference defenses, different speed. I shot 50% in Jr High, that should have translated to highschool, college and of course the NBA amirite?

14. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I think he is more Jason Kidd with a potential for better defense because of his height and reach (Kidd was thicker). His shot is very Shawn Marion but he'll still be able to hit .350 from three so there won't be an issue but he won't be Kevin Durant either.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Wait, what?

Tip jar bet this never happens on 100+ attempts in a season?

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I have been assured by a genius level basketball guru that Ricky Rubio is one of the best QBs in the NBA, even better than Harden, who was described as not a championship caliber playmaker.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The problem with comparing Lonzo with Kidd is he's not a tenacious, nasty dog who intimidated other players (sometimes his own teammates).

Kidd played most of his career with an edge that Ball could only dream of having. He did mellow out slightly the last couple of years.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lavar Ball is not a former NBA player. I think he said that he didn't believe in changing a player's shot. Let them shoot the way they feel most comfortable with. That's why all his boys have ugly forms. I wonder what the Lakers coaches think about that.

The two frequently cited examples of ugly shot are Kevin Martin and Shawn Marion. Marion was a mediocre shooter. He had a couple of good shooting seasons playing with Nash and people think he was a great shooter. Martin on the other hand was considered one of the elite 3pt shooters in his days.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Young rookies having horrible shooting % at the start of their NBA career isn't all that shocking. Brandom Ingram shot horribly during the first part of the season, too. Some of thoese super skinny guys just take a while to catchu p to NBA speed and strenghth.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There is a more recent one than those ...

Trivia Time ... what fairly recent, high draft pick (PG, SG, or SFs only) is reknowned for having an ugly shot

#2 Pick, MKG

[​IMG]