1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[LoL] Dignitas (Clutch Gaming) Roster Overview & Roster Moves

Discussion in 'Clutch Gaming and eSports' started by GIGO, Apr 1, 2018.

1. GIGO

GIGO Member

2. GIGO

GIGO Member

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

They have piglet?

Wtf. He’s actually a well known player. Was one of the best if not best adv in the time world. That’s surprising.

4. GIGO

GIGO Member

Heard that 2017 didn't treat him well and no team picked him up at the end of the year. It's a Full Morey style. Buy a cheap asset with plenty of potential and experience when nobody sees it.

5. GIGO

GIGO Member

#5 GIGO, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  6. GIGO

GIGO Member

Adidas Harden Vol. 1
    (@febivenlol, 2/20/18 )

7. GIGO

GIGO Member

4/18/2018

8. GIGO

GIGO Member

9. GIGO

GIGO Member

#9 GIGO, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  10. tmms

tmms Member

Sebastian Park
    With regards to the Esports Ops Internship position that @ClutchGaming posted, we've received over a thousand applicants! Our team is currently going through and sorting applicants out to a much smaller pool to do screening interviews, and then we'll do additional rounds to continue to sort applicants until we get to our Esports Ops Intern! Given our time constraints and the overwhelming demand for the position (and the supply of applicants), we're very much aware that there will be qualified and capable people will be passed over Do not be discouraged if you don't receive a phone interview or make it to additional rounds. We'll be sure to reach out to the great candidates we've seen the next time we have an opening, in addition to doing a position listing. I'll also be writing up our experiences in our hiring process to better show what we're looking for as well as (if the person who we select is open to it) a write-up of the type of applicant that really jumped off the page for us! Thank you everyone for your continued interest and support of @ClutchGaming

11. GIGO

GIGO Member

Arrow: I’ll put Doublelift at the top. He’s the best. Whenever I play against him, I really feel that competitive spirit; I really want to win. It could be because of that thought; I make a lot of mistakes. Second will be Sneaky. He has been playing with Smoothie for quite a while. I would put Apollo at third. When I watch Clutch Gaming, they’re performance isn’t always that sharp, but they win a lot. The biggest reason to that is because they don’t make many mistakes. They’re a new team like us, but Apollo and their support, Hakuho have really good synergy and don’t make many mistakes. It’s hard to decide between Cody Sun and Zven, but I think during this season, Cody Sun was better. Zven still makes too many mistakes.

- OpTic Arrow May 21, 2018​

12. GIGO

GIGO Member

13. GIGO

GIGO Member

CG Coach Profile: To get to know more about CG's Head Coach, David "DLim" Lim, I found the following article that he wrote in 2016 when he was with Team Liquid. It's got some nice background story about our coach.

[​IMG]
    A NEW METHODOLOGY
    We are excited to announce that David Lim, our TLA coach, has been promoted to Head Coach of our LCS team. This follows a successful year where he led our Academy team to 1st place in HTC Ascension, and within reach of an unprecedented promotion into LCS.

His man-management skills have wrought great progress in our Challenger team, and his nuanced approached to coaching is a result of years drawing up plays on a chalkboard. It's impressive how quickly he has translated his sports coaching background into League of Legends, and we are sure that he will continue to grow in his role in the future.

David wanted to share his thoughts about his transition into League of Legends, his coaching style, and what the future holds for Team Liquid.
    [​IMG]

"I’ve been playing League of Legends since season 1 and eventually peaked at Masters in Season 4. At the time, I was midway through university, had to move out of Vancouver, and needed to stop playing to focus on my studies. But one thing that never left me was my competitive spirit and my passion to help others push themselves forward in a positive way. This dates back before LoL.

A little bit of backstory. I really loved playing sports, especially the game of basketball. I played the game throughout high school, but what intrigued me most about participating in sports was playing with my friends and ultimately helping them improve their game—I was the guy who loved the dirty work like rebounding and passing. This moved on to every other sport I played in which included volleyball and football.

[​IMG]

But as I got older, and actually playing sports became more competitive, I realized my love for teamwork and teamplay became less relied on. I fell back on simply coaching basketball and never really looked back.

[​IMG]

I had an opportunity to work with one of the most well-known coaches in Vancouver and I was fortunate enough to study under him and learned what it took to be a great coach. In my time, I really enjoyed developing players and passing my knowledge onto groups of teenagers who wanted to compete for one goal. Everyone needs a little bit of guidance, and I feel like I provide that.

Fast forward to a few months ago, and I was finally able to come back to LoL but in a different aspect: coaching a group of young guys on Team Liquid Academy.

I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to coach TLA through Ascension and eventually the 2016 Challenger Series. While we did not fully meet the expectations of making the LCS itself, what I learned from the journey was incredibly valuable. I can only hope to take those lessons learned—2016 has certainly been a year of lessons for Liquid—and make the next season better.

The transition from coaching basketball to esports was a very unique one. Esports is a lot more advanced in certain areas but still underdeveloped in a few key areas that I'd like to tackle. Over the past year with Liquid, I definitely took the time to soak in all the good and the bad.

From my experience throughout this year, I want to focus on building a thriving environment. Having a place where our players are freely able to accept, give out, and really think about criticism constructively is important and is one area I feel we didn't work hard in during 2016. It's healthy to have some conflicts but talking about it really accelerates the team's growth process.

In terms of gameplay, really defining the identity of the Liquid roster is something we need to expand on. For the longest time, we've heavily relied on some form of star power and used that to leverage success. But that mindset was great for the moment, but not great for the long haul. Even teams with amazing players at every role can sometimes struggle, so 2017 will be all about finding that identity and team dynamic.

In reality, I just want to bring a more structured day to day process, where the whole day will be productive compared to just scrims.

I am honestly excited for all the challenging things to come next year. There is going to be a lot of resources put into the performance of the team and I am here to help foster that into results. I feel confident in the direction of the organization and all that we will be able to achieve together.”

- David "DLim" Lim, Head Coach Team Liquid LoL
    https://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2016/09/28/a-new-methodology

14. GIGO

GIGO Member

15. GIGO

GIGO Member

16. GIGO

GIGO Member

Apollo's Postgame Interview (6/16/18, W1/D1)

17. GIGO

GIGO Member

a chance to see Piglet...

18. GIGO

GIGO Member

19. GIGO

GIGO Member

20. GIGO

GIGO Member