1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Like it or not, CP3 has started brewing his retaliation games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

If I were Chris Paul, and I had watched how these Rockets are playing in the bubble, and with Gordon being injured, I would organize my strategy around putting Harden and Westbrook in foul trouble. Use our switching D against us to put one of those guys on the ball, then bait him into fouling. Reduce the minutes of those two guys, leave the Rockets without playmakers, force us into bad shots, and give us no rebounds.

I think I could win at least 1 game that way, before Harden and Westbrook learned not to bite. And if they failed to learn, I could take the series.

2. TimDuncanDonaut

CP3 knows too much. He must be dealt with.

[​IMG]

Please include some new wrinkles in our plays.

DeBeards likes this.
  3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I can’t really tell if we exchange friendly banter or go at each other. I try to see it as friendly banter, though admittedly when name calling or twisting words are sometimes involved it doesn’t sit well but it’s internet so will brush it off and continue to try to keep it friendly.
    That was a precursor to what I’m about to ask, and I will also preface it to saying this question doesn’t mean I don’t want the Rockets to win, just because one isn’t as positive as another does not make him less of a fan.
    Do you honestly believe we are capable of winning the championship without unforeseen circumstances involved or is that just a positive attitude (which is great by the way)?
    Like going through 4 best of 7 game series which will likely involve both LA teams?

D-rock likes this.
  4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Yeah, in that way they could grab away 1 win from us.

I'm not sure brodie.
    As for the Beard, he is a smart n quick learner, ya can't play the same trick twice in his face, besides should ya played twice, he gonna bring his buddy brodie to his side n let him know away from the trap.
    Thats why our backcourt tandem is awesome, one is smart, the other is energetic…n the smart one no longer facing fatigue problem this time in the WCF, there is a reliable one aside him to take over the baton anytime any round.

burlesk and Will like this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Who?

DeBeards likes this.
  6. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I consider it friendly banter too but with locker room talk allowed. LOL

That said I really do believe Rockets can win it all this season, not just positive attitude.

Vipers won 3 championships this way and Rockets have taken that formula and pushed it even further.

I am a firm believer in skill ball and the evolution to positionless basketball.

8. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

“Outside of the worst trade in perhaps the NBA history that resulted in a team not winning a single championship when had he kept Harden could have been the Warriors on steroids” - yeah sorry he hasn’t been a genius they still have zero rings lol

D-rock likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

what he got out of pg13 and wb is without a doubt genius. especially when they damn sure weren't winning with those two and even ending up having a okc team, that's better than they were a year ago without those two

10. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

My point is that mistake is unforgivable or it would be for me if I was an OKC fan...they chose Ibaka over a player that may go down as the greatest offensive player of all time.

But yes I think he's done incredibly well since KD left them.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

Can somebody photoshop Harden and CP3’s faces on this?

D-rock likes this.
  12. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

No. At least make sure we win the series first.

burlesk, Invisible Fan and Nook like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

this series is already over...OKC never had a chance

14. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

But we don't have Josh Smith! HAHA, just kidding. I agree, they do not have enough and we are locked in. If anything Russ is telling the guys this is the one series we need to win.

The talking heads are hoping we lose to OKC so they can pile one and if we go as far as the Western Conference finals or even win the damn thing the ground is already laid for why this is not a legit title.

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Morey, MDA, Harden and WB too smart to fall for that

D-rock likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What did he get?

Does the failure rate of 1st round picks mean nothing, he essentially got a lot of scratch off tickets and they might be dollar scratch offs and a few 10 dollar ones.

Most of the picks will be lower lottery and mid 1st round picks.

D-rock likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope.bc it would have been the same exact ceiling having wb/pg13 but without everything they got for them. 2 huge salaries with 0 chance of winning a titile. and he got out of it with a solid future plan, all while still remaining competitive.

nobody should be acting like okc was competing for a actual ship. they weren't. they remained the same playoff team despite nobody giving them a chance to make it.

last i checked a lot of the "top" picks have been duds in recent years. and guys are finding more and more legit players even after the so called unanimous top picks. especially in this era

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

After Gallo leaves and Paul declines even further they will not be competitive.

Just look at where Philly is now even after getting top picks to pan out.

D-rock likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty sure they know that, hence they're looking at the future with actual assets in their back pocket

philly is ran by an idiot that had nothing to do with the core pieces put in place in the first place. the decisions made after the fact is what's killing them by not putting the proper supporting cast around their core. it's not surprising

ElPigto likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets are hunting for rings.

Thunder are talking about a future that may never come.

Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

burlesk and ApacheWarrior like this.