1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Liberals would rather see the world burn just to see Trump fail

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, May 15, 2018.

1. Major

Major Member

The world where you just give everything North Korea wants so you can claim peace. Peace with NK has ALWAYS been available if you're willing to concede to all their demands. The hard part is negotiating a peace on good terms. In that, we're in the same place we have been for the last 30 years - NK wants nukes as part of that. We don't want them to have them. Nothing has changed except that now they actually do have them and thus are negotiating from a different starting point.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He hates women. He needs to give them a chance to lead.

3. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Must suck to be a snowflake.

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

No doubt most would.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Did Whoopie Goldberg say something provocative?

Amiga, Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How about waiting until something happens before handing out credit. Just scheduling a meeting doesn't get you credit. Heck, they don't even know if the meeting will take place now.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Only because success for Trump is the end of democracy in America. But I can see you getting behind that.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I thought that President Obama getting the Nobel in 2009 was a reach at the time, and I'm pretty sure I said so here. Since bin Laden was killed (and thank you, President Obama, for managing to accomplish what President Bush couldn't manage under his watch, although to be fair, OBL was a slippery fellow) 2 years after the Nobel, the award had nothing to do with it, although I would have been fine had the president received it for "Killing the Most Dangerous and Sought After Terrorist in the World, Responsible for the Deaths of Thousands of Innocents." Not the usual award from the Nobel Committee, to be sure, but I would have been cool with it.

It always amuses me how eager those on the far right are to lump every Democrat and progressive independent together, when we have a myriad of opinions about a host of issues. Democrats, in particular, disagree with each other, to one degree or another, about damn near everything. That an alleged ignorant goofus such as the OP is clearly ignorant about that fact and so much else, speaks volumes about the OP and those who support his constantly bizarre threads (and he gets away with posting far too many threads, in my humble opinion - Clutch generally frowns upon starting an excessive number of threads, and posts.)

Were I a Far-Right Fool, I wouldn't want to be associated with Russian Legend Bot's lies, but it is their choice. The truth is very malleable these days from the Far-Right Tea Bag "trump" Party that used to be the GOP, the truth being whatever trump says, despite trump's "truth" changing from day to day, even hour by hour. But hey, don't let us get in the way of the rest of you spreading trump's lies like you were spreading manure on an organic garden. Have at it! History will not look kindly upon your actions in support of trump's lies and his constant attacks on our country's institutions, aided by a hostile foreign power, or your lack of action against the assault on our democracy by trump and his minions and, again, that foreign power, but when has that stopped you? Revel in the lies of your hero. Revel in your time. It won't last long, in my humble opinion.

10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

I thought he had hired at least a couple of females, Elaine Chao... and the new ICE director?

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Trump calling MS-13 gang members animals is not helping, that b*stard!
    [​IMG]

12. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Yes, all those conservative snowflakes who just can't handle that they elected a complete dumba$$ suck, badly.

Nippystix likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I wasn't fine with Obama getting a peace prize. Seemed ridiculous to me. Like letting someone winning a baking contest based on raw batter. But whatever. (And I'm a liberal, at least around here.)

I am very happy to see direct south-north talks and a possible official end to the Korean War. I've said this before.
    If Trump plays some part in that, great. I am, as with all things, skeptical. Rude tweets, logic suggests to me, can't be the main driver here. Strict sanctions, yes. DPRK finally having all the bargaining chips they want (nukes, missile systems) is another, for sure. That's just me being a realist, not a Trump-hater or a liberal or whatever.

He does seem much more obsessed with whatever credit he can get than he does with actually getting things done. That's concerning, since real problem solving is hard, despite what some believe.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

It's not just you. I recall most of us laugh about it.

This generalization of a group of people needs to stop. Only helpful toward more divisiveness and lack of understanding.

16. Buck Turgidson

Is "watching Trump burn and the world not fail" an option?

I sure think so.

17. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

I think we are witnessing it.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If you meant there are liberals who want to see things go badly so Trump will fail, you are correct. If you are generalizing ALL or even most, then you are wrong.

Similar to conservatives wanting things to go badly to show that a black President would fail.

Deckard and CometsWin like this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Trump would rather see the world burn and sell the west to Russia rather than lose some money