1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Believe!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by boheezi, Apr 28, 2014.

1. boheezi

boheezi Member

This is my first time posting in a while, so please take it easy on me. Also,it might be TL DR for some people.

I understand everyone is frustrated, upset, demoralized, devastated. But I believe the Rockets will win this series. I know people may think I'm delusional or just idiotically optimistic. But let's think about it. The blazers, their head coach and their fan base think that they are leading 3 to 1 right now because of their grits, their hearts and their "Talents". In reality, all three of their wins came from either our bone-headed mistakes such as the "#JLINWTFUDOING", or the referees. Now I know people are saying Kevin McHale is a bad coach, James Harden has no desire to dominated a basketball game, which I saw last night at the end of the game when he looked so disengaged from a game that is still winnable, but people have to realize that this team's talent far exceeds its opposition right now.

Let's look at an example, in the first round of the 2006 playoffs, we have a team in the Phoenix Suns that is somewhat similar to the Rockets. A Run N' Gun team that showed little interested in defense. A Laker team, with far less talent but had its Superstar and one of the greatest basketball players in that decade playing out of his mind. Sounds familiar? A rockets team that has far more talent than the trailblazers, but the trailblazers had their star player playing out of his mind! Kobe and his team went ahead 3-1 against the Suns that playoff, and what happened later? The Suns realized that they ARE the better team, and started playing like a better team. I can still remember Tim Thomas, looking at Kobe after Kobe's game 4 heroics and just staring at the Lakers celebration, and then started killing the Lakers in game 5 and 6. I believe something like that could happen with the Rockets. Think about it guys, the Rockets played nowhere near its potential yet, we saw glimpse of the team's potential during that early run at the beginning of 2014. Yet, the Trailblazers has practically threw everything at us, we endured their star's 40+ punches, we endured gut wrenching losses at the hand of not their late game heroics, but our own mental lapses, hell, we even endured the absolutely horrendous officiating, and we still have hope to win the series.

There is a lot of temper flaring in this forum, but we should all realize that we are all here because WE as the fanbase love this team so much. There's no reason to dish out hate against one another, because we are all here because we want to see our beloved Rockets open a can of whoop-ass!!! I know I'm probably not going to do anything in terms of making people stop with the Lin-Hate, the Harden-Hate, the FireMcale Hashtags etc, but I just feel that we should still have hope for our team.

If this team indeed crashed in either game 5 or game 6, so what, it ain't gonna be the end of the world right? Rockets as an organization will make the necessary changes and we will root for them wholeheartedly again next year. So let's cheer for our HOUSTON ROCKETS!

3 people like this.
  2. jacoby

jacoby Member

The Rockets have drained all the passion from my heart. If they win I'll be very happy, but I will no longer get my hopes up for this franchise.

3. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I LIKE!!!

4. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

you ain't lying bro. but I think this Portland team is a bit more talented than that Lakers team. still, I think it applies here, assuming the Rockets do what they need to do.. which is flip the switch, focus, and just start ballin for 3 games straight.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sorry. A 3rd 4th quarter collapse did it in for me. I'll hope they win but this team gives me no reason to believe they will. Only 2 or 3 guys stepped up for the playoffs and that won't get it done. I guess we'll find out...

6. boheezi

boheezi Member

EXACTLY!