1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let the LeBron to Houston in 2018 rumors begin...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Jun 28, 2017.

1. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

If he ever wants to play with his friend CP3, Houston is now his only chance.

Deuce, gatsby, Hakeemtheking and 7 others like this.
  2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This. There is a reason why Paul left all that money on the table

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Or this can be Ty Lawson 2.0 and CP3 bolts next summer

4. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

Lebron's best chance to be relevant is in the Eastern Conference and if he goes West it's to join the Warriors when when of them gets a megadeal somewhere else. Stupid thread.

[​IMG]

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Cp3
    Harden
    Bron
    Melo
    Cwpela

D wade

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

listen, I know what this means.. I see that this is what the Rockets have to do, but it feels... dirty.... icky..

There is pride in drafting players and winning with those players.. whatever.. NBA is a league of mercenaries..

I'll take that championship snap-back though..

#6 DreamShook, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Corrosion, ghettocheeze and lw17 like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

BANANA BOoooOOOOOAAAAAT!!!

ghettocheeze likes this.
  8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Never know... but the media will still be pushing for him to go to LA with the Lakers for some dumbass reason.

Like, why?

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This post is dumber tbh...

It's been widely known that Lebron has been wanting to play with CP3...for him to play for the Warriors they would have to trade Durant or Curry...do you see that happening?

I said this would happen, I said it but posters wouldn't listen. Players are going to try and form superteams to beat the Warriors. That's why you keep Harden, because he attracts other superstar players.

Is it a pipedream? Sure. But Lebron coming here went from like 0.1% to 15%

Some things have to happen...but it can happen...

lw17 likes this.
  10. Zergling

Zergling Member

We exist in a universe where LeBron to Houston is no longer a pipe dream. This is a thing.

Hakeemtheking and douglasreedy1 like this.
  11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Lebron to Houston makes a ton of sense at this point, given that he's wanted to play with CP3 for a long time and we have another MVP level player as well. Our competitive outlook is a lot better than it was just a few weeks ago.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

if we ever see Lebron as a Houston Rocket, i'll give you $100, JayGoogle. quote me and get this notarized.

13. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

In 2018, D-Wade can sign here on a vet min deal

14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Not happening. He is staying in Cleveland.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You won't have to man, I don't think it is likely to happen.

If he were a FA this year, I'd say yes, this is what is happening. Lebron-CP3-Harden is an insane Big 3. You could finish top 5 in the NBA if you just played one of those guys all year long, much less 3. All 3 on the court at one time? Likely taking turns making the team around them better as the other player or two sit down and rest? That makes even the Warriors jealous.

What the Warrios have in insane historic shooting with Durant-Klay-Curry, The Rockets would have in insane historic playmaking.

For this to Happen though the Rockets have to make no more moves, settle for CP3 this season, and then make a move on Lebron next season...and Lebron has to be frustrated enough with the Cavs lack of movement that he goes elsewhere....all while the Rockets have to make noise with CP3 and not flame out...

But it's possible now. There are plenty of signs that he's leaving Cleveland and that the Cavs ownership are content with their one ring

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

A Lebron tweet will be dissected endlessly. The guy will really consider the team if they have a chance to win. Other superstar players realize that the Warriors are getting ready to demolish/own the league... I stated that at some point, individual pride as basketball players will come into play. These super star guys already make enough money. They want to win. Paul really wants a chance to get to that promised land...Lebron wants to be known as the greatest...If Melo also makes it here, I really can see Lebron making a decision to join forces. It doesnt matter if it is the west or east...He wants to win.

What was once just a pipe...#DREAM

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Durant is in love

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Right...

Because everyone knows LeBron James is not relevant yet. He's still trying to get there.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

All it would take is another playoff series loss next year. Doesn't even matter if it's in the finals to GSW. No trophy again next year and he'll walk. He doesn't owe Cleveland anything anymore.

HakeemOnlyFan and JayGoogle like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member