1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Lakers looking to add Ariza

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigMaloe, Dec 9, 2018.

1. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I don't think he does. It is just a trade kicker or penalty for the acquiring team i think.

2. basketballholic

Melo to Lakers is how Rockets become part of this deal. And that part of a much bigger deal on our end. Would love to have Daniels back. And would love to have Rich as well.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

To be fair, you also said Boston would be the best team in the league, the Rockets would have the most dynamic offense the league has ever seen, and Ennis was twice as good as Ariza. LOL.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh boi, lots of laughs there.

5. gulfstream

gulfstream Member

who do you mean by Rich? do you think we are trading EG after those comments about not being happy?

6. basketballholic

Holmes.

I think all of EGo, Capela, and Knight could be traded at any moment on or after the 15th and I also think some of them along with Melo and others will be moved very close to the 15th.

I expect a huge wojbomb around Friday. We didn't deal on the 7th. That told me a lot. @Codman told me some more. And other things are telling me more yet.

What's for Christmas? A reshuffled team around Harden/Paul/Tucker. Nobody else is safe. And at least one of Capela/Gordon is in his final days with the franchise. It's dream season bro. So dream about Christmas.

We're playing chess and winning slow this season. But it ain't over.

hakeem94 and gulfstream like this.
  7. Maverick Floor

I could be wrong, but I think Capela is one of the few select players who can't be traded until January 15.

8. basketballholic

True.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Paul and Knight for Ariza.

Get 'er done Murray.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

Wojnarowski reported that the Lakers and Suns were looking for a third team to take Caldwell-Pope, while “the Suns want to land a playmaking guard and a first round draft pick as the price of unloading Ariza.”

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Haha.

"Hi, we overpaid Ariza and overestimated his ability to lead. Teams that want him, we want a 1st rounder and no trash in return. Thanks!"

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

As ridiculous as it sounds, they might be able to pull it off with a team perhaps close to guaranteed to be a mid 20's pick. Lakers would be I guess the 23rd pick. No way I'm trading that for Ariza... but maybe the Lakers get "desperate"... not sure why they should... but also clearly KCP as an expiring contract does nothing for them, as they already have an expiring contract in Ariza....

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Ariza is hottest product for any playoffs contenders. 1 protected First is about right to me.
    With Ariza you make the playoffs.
    Without Ariza you don't make the playoffs.
    Sell the playoffs tickets at the higher price.

15. vick

vick Member

Let Ariza go to the Lakers. He can go 0 for 12 in 3 pointers against the Warriors.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol ariza owes his next contract to stephen a smith and other national jokers

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I heard MCW can make plays.....

...that make you scratch your head

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

That was me and im still mocking lol

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly all of them can go at this point. Besides harden paul and tucker the rest of the team has to be made available. If we can get Ariza back I would be excited. If not... then I guess we better find the closest damn thing or an honest upgrade.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was also the coldest product against the Worriers.