1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyler Murray "offensive" tweets

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

University of Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray, 21, won the Heisman Trophy on Saturday night in what was most likely one of the greatest — if not the greatest — moment of his life.

Enter USA Today blogger Scott Gleeson, who covers "social issues through a sports lens."

Shortly after Murray won the Heisman, Gleeson wrote an articlehighlighting a couple of things that Murray tweeted from when he was 15-years-old:

But the Oklahoma quarterback's memorable night also helped resurface social media's memory of several homophobic tweets more than six years old.

When Murray was 15 years old, he tweeted at his friends (via his since-verified Twitter account) using an anti-gay slur to defame them.

Gleeson embarrassingly included this line in his piece:

The Oklahoma athletics department did not immediately respond to an inquiry by USA TODAY Sports regarding the tweets late Saturday night.

Gleeson thought that OU's athletic department was going to respond to him late on Saturday night as they were celebrating one of their athletes winning the Heisman Trophy.

Murray apologized for his tweets, writing: "I apologize for the tweets that have come to light tonight from when I was 14 and 15. I used a poor choice of word that doesn’t reflect who I am or what I believe. I did not intend to single out any individual or group."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/39192/backfire-usa-today-gets-blasted-hit-piece-about-ryan-saavedra

This is an article about the original article. I refuse to post the original article.

I am far more offended by a grown man getting paid to prepare a character assassination piece about something a kid did when he was 14 and 15, to be released immediately after what is possibly he greatest night of his life, than I am by the use of a slang term that every 14 year old used years ago.

This type of journalism needs to die a painful deah, and this guy needs someone to show him the door.

Shame on the USA Today for posting this. I'll probably lurposefpurp stay away from their stuff for a while.

Congrats on the Heisman, thought Tua may have deserved it more.

Hook 'em.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Lol they're trying to defame someone using years old tweets, even worse when he was 15 years old. Trash journalism.

Sajan likes this.
  3. Artestsuckskobe

Good thing he’s not white and quoted a rap song

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Insider info. This is why we got rid of him at TAMU. Lulz.

5. Buck Turgidson

He interfered with the recruiting. WRTS

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

[​IMG]
    #yessir