1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe and a Sock Puppet Break down Westbrook/Harden in the High Pick & Roll and the MVP Race

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dharocks, Mar 26, 2017.

1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

2. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Thread worthy

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought it was an interesting way to talk about "muse cage". I thought it was funny.

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Kobe riding the fence lol.

Future politician

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Wtf is this ****

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Thx for posting. I didn't see the pregame show so didn't know what you guys were talking about. Still don't get the muse cage expression and why it's used wrt basketball or sports in general.

Did Kobe come up with that. Or have I just missed out on this expression ... have y'all been using this and I was too much in my own BBS -posting muse cage to have noticed.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

He explains it here, in Part 1 of the segment:

... I still don't really know what the Hell he's talking about.

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Seems to be something Kobe came up with himself.

Seems similar to Kanye's "visionary stream of consciousness" term.

aka "the zone"

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  9. heypartner

Thx. That didn't really help. Lulz

Guess I'm not really asking for it to be explained versus the origin of it. Did that skit just introduce the expression to the world. Google doesn't seem to know about it. Sounds like something Phil Jackson would come up with....or Kobe's been paying a spiritual advisor all these years and just now is telling us his secrets of success after retirement. Don't tell me someone at ESPN coined it.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Co-MVP is a p***y cop out

There is and should only be one MVP - James Harden

BigM likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is that first video actually worth watching? had to turn it off at 1:29, does it get any better?

12. heypartner

Sure. It does a fairly decent job of video X/O analysis of how WB and JH beat different defenses.

Best vid of the three after you get past the stupid intro

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

ok I'll give it another shot

14. heypartner

It's pretty basic, though, just scratches the surface. Not as good as the Basketball Art vid Coach Daniel did. But best we can expect in a pregame vid for the masses. It's good for teaching the casual fan, so worth watching through their eyes

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

actually I enjoyed the interview more. Kobe is pretty damn good, I'd rather see him do analysis on some of those player only broadcast nights

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's all Kobe's retriement thoughts.

Seems to me like a mix of memory palace with happy thoughts. Those clips don't really explain the bad muses and how that works to trigger flow. Maybe surprising white hotel attendants in the pooper doesn't mesh well with the Sesame Street format.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ls-back-curtain-post-nba-storytelling-venture
    The project would amount to the public's first true glimpse of the ambitious storytelling to which Bryant aspires in his NBA afterlife, and as it kept venturing further beyond what he considered the sports genre's rigid editorial confines, boiling its essence into layman's terms became a chore.

Here he was bringing to life an idea that he had carried for three years, the concept of a personal cage filled with everything that drives anyone, good and bad -- light and dark muses, as he calls them. Yes, it was better for someone to see a glimpse of everything being developed in person, which is what Bryant relayed to Kevin Wildes, ESPN's vice president of original content, a few weeks before Sunday, when Bryant unveiled the finished product, a 10-minute video presentation titled "Canvas City: Musecage," which aired during ABC's "NBA Countdown" pregame show.

heypartner likes this.