1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin defends Jimmy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BeBreezy, Apr 30, 2019.

1. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Durant: Harden not 'cheating the game'
    https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1759300

Houston Rockets star James Harden is arguably the master of drawing fouls, but the manner in which he does so has drawn scrutiny.

Kevin Durant isn't one of those critics, and the Golden State Warriors forward believes Harden is merely outsmarting his opponents rather than playing outside the rules of the game.

"I think everybody wants to get into the lane and they use little tricks to try to get their shots off," Durant said Tuesday, per 95.7 The Game. "I don't think he's any different. He may bump guys off going to the rim but everybody does that ... he has a style of play and it might not be what everybody might like to see, but it's been effective and I don't think he's been cheating the game at all."

Durant believes more time should be spent appreciating Harden's unique abilities rather than debating if a foul should or shouldn't be called.

"Referees aren't going to be perfect all game just like players aren't," Durant said. "I think more so than just the talk of calls and officiating, it should be about how great all of these players are on the court and how they uniquely bring something different to the table."

Harden has led the league in free-throw attempts in six of the last seven years. He ranked first during the regular season in free throws made (9.7) and attempted (11) per contest. During the postseason, Harden sits third (7.5) and fifth (8.5) in those categories, respectively.

[​IMG]

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Snake is right!

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Yes, I defend the Harden every chance I get

#3 Roc Paint, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Durant to Houston confirmed.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Durant has always been respectful talking about his competition. Even with Pat Beverley last round. He said Eric Gordon was a “phenomenal player” immediately after game 1 in the postgame interview.

It’s the “blog boys” he doesn’t care much for.

tmoney1101, cbs1507 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

He speaks the truth, but he's still a cupcake.

smokieethabear and thedreamsteam like this.
  7. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Kerr, Draymond, and Curry are the salty ones. They realize Kevin is gone after this year and their winning is over. KD may be a cupcake snake but at least he is keeping it real with this.

8. realonemo

realonemo Member

Sounds like a guy who is leaving after this playoff run.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not a surprise, you won’t find KD, Harden or WB criticizing any of each others games, at the end of the day all of those guys are good friends, and despite all the conflict of the NBA with them all being on different teams, playoff series and MVP races, they all have respect for each other.

jcmoon, YOLO and macan like this.
  10. macan

macan Member

Daryl plz bring KD home! #Rockets

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[QUOTE="BeBreezy, post: 12380742, member: 63961

Harden has led the league in free-throw attempts in six of the last seven years. He ranked first during the regular season in free throws made (9.7) and attempted (11) per contest. During the postseason, Harden sits third (7.5) and fifth (8.5) in those categories, respectively.

[​IMG]
    [/QUOTE]

I'd be interested to see who gets MORE FOUL CALLS in the playoffs than the regular season
    and
    who sits at #1 and 2 now

Rocket River

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Obviously won’t happen, but he would kill in the Rockets offense.

13. Mike Breen

Mike Breen Member

Durant is in a great frame of mind. He seems like he's playing free and loose. He's found himself and seems confident/secure right now. This is bad news.

14. Rockets4Life13

Despite him being a massive diva and constantly defending himself for stuff, he's by far my fav. player on the warriors.

He is never arrogant. Never taunting opponents like Stephanie.

Great player, just too sensitive. I appreciate what he did here. Unfortunately most people won't see it or ignore it.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its all for naught he will never be the player harden is...
    and the rockets are winning this year just like they have won the last year...

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I don’t care what the snake has to say.

17. SemisolidSnake

I mean, let's all be nice and stuff and give the benefit of the doubt and such, but, I mean, I meeeeannn this is Kevin "Sweep Through The Arms" Durant. He can't exactly criticize Harden on any sort of topic related to drawing fouls.

Also, he may be physically still with the Warriors, but he's so gone mentally already that I kinda like this.