1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KD to Knicks Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DonKnock, Nov 17, 2018.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

@1:27:00 Says he talked to a source in KD's camp who is saying KD to the Knicks is "a done deal".

This guy has a podcast on LeBron's uninterrupted network, he has some connections.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good.

Anywhere but Golden State, LA or Boston

[​IMG]

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

LA seems more feasible.

Lakers and Clippers.

Knicks are just not a good organization, you get Spike Lee and their notorious fans.

Haven't moved a needle in decades.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

done deal by Tuesday at 5:45? not holding my breath

DonKnock likes this.
  5. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Been hearing if the Warriors win another chip KD is staying. Winning a chip is a given. He wants to leave because of several other reasons being:

1) He ruined the competitive balance of the NBA. No team can compete with the Warriors in a 7 game series.
    2) Everyone dislikes KD for joining a team that won 72 games.
    3) The Warriors and the NBA were more fun to watch and all around better products before he joined them.
    4) He wants to win a chip as the clear number one guy.
    5) He doesn't like Draymond Green anymore for questioning him and putting him on the spot like that. He is a free agent and everyone should respect that, especially fellow NBA players. There is a reason he signed that deal, because he always wants to keep his options open.

6) Draymond knows it's either him or KD. There is no way the Warriors don't re-sign Klay for the max who clearly deserves it. If KD leaves he can get his max. But if KD stays then he will have to go to another team to get his max because the Warriors can't afford it. He doesn't want to be the one to take the big pay cut, but if he wants to stay there then he will as long as Durant stays.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I'd love to see that jump shooting machine jump ship and diminish himself and the Warriors at the same time. Keep talking DG!

I hear you GC!

Rudyc281, DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  7. omgTHEpotential

Durant/Porzingis front-court could be intriguing. Both are good defenders (Porzingis elite), great shooters, and have great length.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. lionaire

lionaire Member

I believe it. He's won an MVP, championships and FMVP's. I definitely think his next move will be heavily influenced by the destination and what better place than NY if it's not LA.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. theimpossibles1

[​IMG]

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't see him going to play for the Lakers to play sidekick to Lebron.

Why leave the Warriors at that point? I think the Knicks make sense in that area. He gets to own that city and franchise and they will likely have another top 5 pick and get Porzingis back.

It reminds me of Lebron going to Cleveland again with the oft hurt Kyrie Irving coming back and at the time they had a top 5 pick who they traded for Love...but it's the same situation...even with the crappy ownership and franchise...so if he wins one ring in New York it's almost like worth 3 for his legacy.

Richie_Rich, Mazulis, arno_ed and 4 others like this.
  11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Yall think Durant and Poringas is a good duo if they were to play together

fallenphoenix likes this.
  12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He wouldn't be the "sidekick" to LeBron on the Lakers.

I'll say the same exact thing as with LeBron: Do NOT rule the Lakers out. IMO, if KD leaves GS, Lakers are very likely. If the Knicks weren't so dysfunctional and shaky, I'd put them at #1.

arabrocket likes this.
  13. smp

smp Member

I hope this is true. It's best for the NBA and it's best for his legacy.

14. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I agree. Going to LA only helps Lebron’s legacy. He should go to NY and try to get Kyrie to join him. Add in Porzingis and that’s a good team in the East.

LCAhmed and Caesar like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Skill wise he would not be a sidekick, I just think he'd go there and find that it's Lebron's team.

I also think if he does leave the Warriors it won't be to join another superteam but to try and lead his own team to a championship. I'm not ruling out the Lakers at all, but I think for his legacy, NYK makes a lot of sense. Especially if they land a top 3 pick in the draft.

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

Sounds a lot like the NY media trying desperately to get themselves another star. They do it constantly just like the LA media. Every big name Free Agent or soon to be Free Agent is either going to the Lakers or Knicks. It's freaking annoying as hell. Stupid dreamers.

Ramo$e and jim1961 like this.
  17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

First of all, I can't read his mind better than anyone else, but here is my view:

I dunno if KD has the mindset at this point in his career to be patient (or risk having to be patient) in a dysfunctional organization like the Knicks. After all, he's played for the Thunder and Warriors.

Unlike LeBron, championships (now!) may be the only thing that matters to him. That's the only "legacy" he cares about IMO. Not only would going to the Lakers instantly make them the best in the West, he could stick it to GS right away. In LA, he could continue his investments in high tech without missing a beat.

That all said, if the Knicks show more stability than they ever have and Porzingis progresses well, it could happen.

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If he joins the lakers with Lebron they become the best team in the west?

Not only would I still put warriors over them but there’s another team in Houston called the rockets I would put over them as well.

Rockets in 6

nemac likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

I hope and pray that he goes to the Knicks...I really want the Knicks to be relevant...there’s no place like MSG when the Knicks are good

I used to really like KD before his punk ass move...his jumper is so smooth, and he’s 1 of the greatest scorers ever...watching him getting buckets at MSG 41 times a year would be so much fun...plus this makes GS extremely beatable when Curry is healthy, and when he’s out injured, they’ll be trash

I also hope and pray that Kawhi stays in Toronto, and Butler should be staying in Philly unless something goes wrong

the East would have replenished all the star power it had been losing and would actually be a lot more intriguing than the West with Kawhi in Toronto, BOS, PHI, MIL, and now a relevant NYK...the NBA as a whole is better when the Lakers, Knicks, and Celtics are all good at the same time

KD, KP, plus assets like Knox, Frank, and this very good lotto pick they’re about to get in order to try and trade for a 3rd star...please let this happen

Caesar and Jump Ship like this.
  20. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

He would sell the most shoes and gear in NY. I am sure Nike has a clause in their contract that he can earn a crazy amount like LeBron’s billion dollar deal ONLY if he achieves a certain sales volume. And I am sure they hinted during those meetings the only cities he can do that in is NY and LA.

He accomplished his goals in terms of winning. Now he just wants to get paid, be the number one guy for once, and try to win one on his own team.

Finally these backdoor deals help the Rockets. They are not illegal, but making shoe deals based on sales volume is fine so long as they do not specifically state which cities he must join to get the bonuses. It does not matter what is said during the private meetings.

lionaire likes this.