1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KayDee Takes a Dump on India

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

not to derail the thread, but china has a real bad spitting problem.

didn't see deuce dropping in the streets tho (i was with a diplomatic mission), but i did see little kids running around with a hole in their pants exposing their butts, which i assume was for dropping bombs on the streets.

daywalker02, Pen15clubber and Nook like this.
  2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Only in America 2017 would someone get **** for speaking the truth. Are we not allowed to talk about what we see if it isn't nice? It isn't as if he started making random crappy generalizations about the people...he just stated the truth...that there is a lot of poverty in the country. Should the people who grew up in his rough neighborhood also be offended because he compared some of the places to where he grew up?

Nook likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Off topic.

Watch Lion. It's a great movie.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What he said was culturally insensitive, it'd be like going to an African city and marveling at how people there spoke English and wore western clothes

But his heart was in the right place.

saleem likes this.
  5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I'm also indian and I dont have an issue with the sentiment/idea behind KD's words. He could have articulated better yes, but what he said wasnt untrue and was not meant to be derogatory. People are becoming way too sensitive lately on things and as a result people just shut up rather than have everything they say scrutinized. Yet as a whole we always keep getting upset that celebrities do not give their honest opinions on social matters.

R0ckets03, Sooty, Nook and 3 others like this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Just wanted to add that discrimination based on caste is not dead in India. It is still very much alive, just not as blatant as it was decades ago.

I have seen Indian Americans disapprove of marriage of their kids to ones of different/lower cast and these are supposedly well educated Indians living in America. Do you guys really expect the less educated or less progressive Indians living in India to give up their practices so easily? Lol....

Jontro and Nook like this.
  7. Sajan

Sajan Member

I was in Delhi to see the Taj Mahal just a few months ago.
    What he said is true. It's a bunch of poor **** everywhere and boom the Taj Mahal!
    Delhi is insanely polluted (i think the 2nd most polluted city in the world).

Nook likes this.
  8. BackdoorHarden

I saw kids dropping deuce on the street while in Southern China and Beijing.

Then again, it's nothing compared to seeing adults taking a dump on the street when I was in San Francisco. The city of San Francisco smells like feces and urine.

http://justice.gawker.com/the-streets-of-san-francisco-are-covered-in-human-****-1679930931

https://www.fastcompany.com/3040824/finally-san-francisco-is-dealing-with-its-poop-epidemic

Jontro likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol I think you have no idea..... China is the second largest economy to date.

I think it is safe to say India is very different, and way behind.

I have never seen anyone taking a dump on the street in India or China where I have been several times.

(India just Delhi area, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Mumbai)

But if I have to guess, there are worse sanitary conditions in India than China.

I think North Korea is also very poor and they dun shet on the floor or they might get executed.

#129 daywalker02, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not holi to every one!

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

that traitorous swine! how could he do that to mudasir?

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, but the USA is at least 20 years behind in Cricket so......it evens out.

DD

Jontro likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

When I saw the Taj in the '60's, it was in Agra. Did they move it?

;)

Sooty, daywalker02 and Sajan like this.
  16. Sajan

Sajan Member

brah. i know where it is.
    does it look like people here know or care?

Deckard likes this.
  17. amaru

amaru Member

Lol culturally insensitive comments

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Born in India and I've only been back a couple times in the last 30 years. Last time I went in 2014 it was definitely a culture shock. Nothing prepares you for India. A city like Mumbai is still okay, but I traveled everywhere from Rajasthan to Goa to Karnataka. There are dogs, cats, cows, pigs and god knows what else everywhere. My driver ran over a dog in India and acted like nothing happened. I had to restrain myself from kicking his ****in ass. Did a desert tour in Rajasthan and even in the desert there was poop everywhere!

India is not like how mainstream Bollywood makes it out to be lol. That said, I definitely did enjoy parts of my trip and can do it every ten years or so.

BigShasta, Sooty, apollo33 and 2 others like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think your report has been the most truthful one.

Srsly are we talking about poop and Basketball? Weirdest combo.

20. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Lived in India for 3 months a few summers ago. Enjoyed my visit - at times. Not fun driving across the dessert and the AC going out on a van during your 9 hour trip to Agra.

daywalker02 likes this.