1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi Leonard out indefinitely

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

And I guess you have to factor if Butler would stay in SAS (Texas roots) but I don't think Butler is the type of guy to play for Pop. This FA period was already going to be crazy and now it's bonkers if Kawhi does indeed want out. SAS can arm themselves again. Insane.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

True, even though, they won't find a guy as good as Kawhi for today imo. Simmons and Ingram have both a ton of potential, but especially if they trade Kawhi for Ingram (which is the likely scenario imo) they won't be able to compete with the best teams. At that point they should probably trade LMA too and rebuild.

Rockets FTW likes this.
  3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

The thing is... they are third in the west without Kawhi. If they got a Randle/Ingram, do you think they would be worse or better?

Better is the answer and they are YOUNG with upside. Murray is improving with LMA and other vets showing them the ropes.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

They're still third but kinda falling (and actually just few games ahead of the 8th spot), they won like 3 games in their last 10...maybe they were just tired, they had various injuries and they're still very old so, who knows, but i just don't see this roster being able to compete with Warriors, Rockets, Cavs, Celtics with a guy like Ingram in Kawhi's spot...unless Ingram makes a terrific jump in few months.

5. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

no way they finish third..wouldn't surprise me if they missed the playoffs..

roslolian and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I just edited the post cause i was looking at the standings and yeah, a couple of games ahead of the last spots to make the playoffs...personally, i think they'll still make them easily unless they decide to tank (which is unlikely imo) but, not sure they'll home court advantage this time. Would be interesting to compare the schedule of all the teams behind the Warriors.

7. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Spurs should have kept George Hill and none of this would have happened.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

When did Durant stop playing even when he was medically cleared?

Much as I'm not a KD fan KD 3x the player kawhi is. KD is one of the league leaders in minutes played prior to GSW Kawhi is the league leader in DNP-rest AND he still got injured.

Now he is medically cleared to play but actually took himself out of the season. This is worse than Tmac, Tmac at least had surgery this b**** just refused to play.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

They both ended up sucking but if both were 100% healthy and motivated Portions would be a really good player, his first year his defense and tip dunks were great if he kept that up he might have been better than Kawhi, Kawhi didnt have the playmaking Parsons had.

If anything Kawhi's recent bout of injuries (shades of Penny Hardaway) and cancerous behavior is telling us Morey dodged yet another bullet when he didnt draft Kawhi.

10. ballscientist1

Morey does not know how to draft.

How can he draft Marcus Morris over Kawhi? How?

I am ready to give Morey a Big F if he is unable to negotiate 100 million contract pay cut in July.

Rockets have 19 million cap space.

How can he afford 3 free agents starters and 4 good free agents bench in July?

He has no plan at all this summer.

Why not give Capela contract extension summer 2017?

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Not sure if serious. Lol

rocketman84, BigO, RyanB and 2 others like this.
  12. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

I hope they don't fall to be opposite of us 1st rd. I could see Kawhi returning for playoffs. We should still win but a longer first round could hurt when fatigue is an issue in later rounds.

RyanB likes this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

what are you talking about?

roslolian likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is a gsw troll bruh just ignore the pos.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Looks like Popovich needs some space.

Ryan Anderson for Kawhi.

[​IMG]

#195 Zboy, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  16. Fantasma Negro

Calling my shot, Kashi to Cleveland for Hood, Usman and the nets pick.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

All BS. Owner doesn't want to risk Kawhi in a year where he doesn't believe he can win. Better pick doesn't hurt. Kawhi is annoyed, Pops will not tank.

They got Duncan by tanking. I think they just decided to go the Morey route of rebuilding this time - which is stupid, because almost no one else has done it successfully.

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

In b4 kawhi comes back for the playoffs and we draw them in the 2 vs 7 matchup.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

And harden redeems himself. wait who am i kidding..
    new narrative: harden barely beat a hurt kawhi.

Stormy1234 and RyanB like this.