1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kareem Hunt released by KC; do we pick him up?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Nov 30, 2018.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yet that doesn't mean she didn't say it.

It just means they're not idiots like Kareem and try to smack somebody for using a derogatory word that ultimately means jack sh**.

I agree with you though, the benefit of the doubt has left the corner of Kareem Hunt and his battle of "I'm not that kind of person" is falling on deaf ears.

Either way his actions are uncalled for.... and his past transgressions are finally being brought to light with there being video evidence of this allegation/incident.

#101 FLASH21, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

As a society, we have got to stop qualifying abuse. Please. "Not that bad" does not in any way, shape or form excuse his actions. He put his hand on a woman (twice) and then LIED about it because he knew the truth would end his season, if not career. There is not a single part of that that's redeemable, even if you trot out Ray Race to "yeah, but" it down.

Football injuries can have degrees; abuse cannot. He abused a woman. Full stop.

rhino17 and deb4rockets like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe some of you grew up in environments where your Moms and Dads knocked each other around, but that doesn't make it ok to do so. The guy has anger issues, and can't control himself when provoked. It is not ok for anyone to knock someone to the ground and kick them while they are down, and especially someone who is a strong athlete knocking around a woman. I hope he never plays football again, but know that winning at any cost will entice the ones who don't care what scum they employ to win. Guys like that don't change, and I would rather not even watch the Texans again than root for them to win by cheering on some abuser dirtbag. He is the type of guy that teams like the Raiders or Cowboys would probably have no problem hiring, but I would hope we aren't in the business of making abusive men wealthy.

Hey Now! likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well said!

Hey Now! likes this.
  5. csj

csj Member

As a society, we have got to stop qualifying abuse. Abuse isn't only abuse when done to a woman by a man.

If you can't make the case without identifying the victim as a woman then you have no case and you're the one qualifying the abuse. If you take gender out of it, all that's left is several people behaving badly. The women here appear equally abusive, just not equally powerful. Sexism doesn't help.

It would appear the problem with Hunt is a pattern of bad behavior, not this incident alone.

houston19519 and Phillyrocket like this.
  6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Seriously?...

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Maybe he is.

In reality women can probably kick his ass easily so that makes him just as equally vulnerable as them.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

By women do you mean Ronda Rousey?

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Or him and his squad could just be this weak

[​IMG]

10. csj

csj Member

Yes, seriously. You start a post on how we shouldn't qualify abuse, then the first thing you do is qualify abuse.

Ignore for the moment that some in the video are women. Who's the victim now? You can't tell because you base your judgement on gender. That's why charges weren't filed, at least that's why they shouldn't have been. If they had all been men no one would be talking about it. Some would be laughing about it.

If you don't want to get hit, don't jump in someone's face and provoke them. If you want respect then show respect. It's really pretty simple and works for everyone.

donkeypunch, mario_v and houston19519 like this.
  11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I was kicked in shin so I smacked the kicker in the mouth.

Was that ok?

12. Dmo

Dmo Member

This guy is so damn talented he may be worth the baggage he brings with him. I seriously doubt the Texans would get him though. They've always liked good character individuals.

13. csj

csj Member

Grade school kids should really ask their parents these questions.

14. bobrek

No...folks need to learn when it is ok to retaliate with force

15. csj

csj Member

Considering the language you use, you really should ask your parents. Defending yourself is not the same as retaliation.

You are a weak troll.

16. bobrek

My father is dead and my mother has Alzheimer’s, but thanks for the advice.

17. Pringles

Pringles Member

Definitely not right now. I'm for giving second chances, however, so we shall see how he responds to this adversity which he can only blame himself for.

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

-Bill Burr

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It's not like he's kneeling during an anthem or anything. Bring him in.

Dmo likes this.
  20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

The Chiefs also belived him, when they asked him about that incident, and he denied it, thats why he was released without any hesitation, because he lied about it.