1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kareem Hunt released by KC; do we pick him up?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Nov 30, 2018.

1. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

Imagine, if like the Ray Rice situation, there was no one there to stop the altercation - this could of been a lot worse if it wasn't for the people getting in between Hunt and the girl. That is VERY clear.

deb4rockets and tmoney1101 like this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m ready to win Super Bowl now, and the bottom line is this kid can help tremendously with our squad. I know the Texans in the past wouldn’t think twice about doing something like this, but in my opinion it’s worth the risk.

Dmo, Fulgore, mrm32 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If he gets 6 games does that include the playoffs? Could he play in the playoffs? If we picked him up and he help us get to the superbowl I think people would still root for the texans.

The NFL encourages violence. There are people who have done worse than him who are playing including a player on the chiefs.

4. plee

plee Member

He was released because he lied about the whole incident to the Chief's. If he would have just come clean, he would face the punishment and moved on but when the video "showed" up and proved that he was lying so the Chief's let him go. He should get a second chance not sure with the Texans.

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

There’s video evidence of this dude kicking a woman on the ground. The chiefs cut him immediately once it got out to the public.

There’s no way in hell the Texans pick up this guy.

6. Roc Paint

I know people in high places that work for the star of hope foundation. I could sign him up right now for 2000 hours community service and counseling.

7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Now as in this season or are you referring to upcoming seasons? No way the league office lets him play again this season and I can see a season long or half season suspension for him next year.

#87 marks0223, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  8. Roc Paint

Let him sit out here and think about what he’s done

#88 Roc Paint, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  9. Fantasma Negro

Either way, not worth it

10. blackistan

blackistan Member

Wish we were the type of organization to give guys like this another chance

Fulgore likes this.
  11. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

If rb was a need I would be all for giving Hunt a second chance. But with the way Miller and Blue have been running and with Foreman coming back next season I don’t know that Hunt is enough of an upgrade to justify the distraction he would be.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm honestly kind of glad that the Texans aren't a franchise that would bring in a guy like Hunt with his history of domestic violence. He was already on his second chance since he beat the hell out of his girlfriend in college. On top of the incident where he pushed the woman and kicked her on video, he's got yet another incident the NFL is "investigating" where he punched a man in the face back in June. I mean, I do hope this guy turns his life around, but I think it's very possible that the NFL doesn't let him back in the league any time soon.

Roc Paint likes this.
  13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

His best chance may be the XFL after he spends a year in counseling and doing community service.

14. Roc Paint

TMZ is talking about another incident in January.

I’ll pass

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't. I didn't like Bob McNair as an owner or as a person, but one thing I liked about him was shitbags were not allowed on this team. I don't care if a guy does drugs, smokes weed, whatever, thats a personal choice, you do you. But anyone that hits a woman has no spot on my team and will never be a player I support.

Hey Now! likes this.
  16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You have no idea wtf you're talking about.

Today's events prove that.

Plus your second sentence proves you're a true POS. I'm all against racism and I believe Hunt when he says the girl called him a ******, but that in no way gives him an excuse to put his hands on her. No matter how hard or soft he hit/kicked her.

I guarantee you that when he does resign with a team (whenever that is)... It won't be with the Texans.

17. Chamillionaire

Not surprised. Concussions, hitting and getting hit over and over again, all of this leading to violent tendencies. I bet there's a lot more domestic violence and violence in general among all football players. This is the darker side of football.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Bengals should look at signing him.

Mixon + Hunt would be a deadly one-two punch.

19. showa13

showa13 Member

If this was a one time incident with a lack of strong evidence I’d think the Texans would at least think about it. The video is damming. He’s being restrained by everyone in the video. He kicks the girl while she’s on the ground, the force of the kick does not matter at all, he kicked a girl who was on the ground. Add to the fact that this isn’t the first incident, and you have a guy who as someone suggested earlier might come to Houston...in the XFL. He cleared waivers, that says a lot about how the league feels.

20. mario_v

mario_v Member

There was more than one black guy in the video and you didn’t see them attacking the woman for supposedly calling Hunt the n word.

So that means they either showed incredible restraint or the victim never said that word in the first place.

Besides this is Hunt’s THIRD allegation of violence this year.

The nightclub incident is the 3rd allegation of violence involving Hunt this year. In addition to the Feb. attack captured on video.

http://m.tmz.com/#!2018/12/03/kareem-hunt-nightclub-attack-police-report/

Kareem hunt is just not a good guy. Yesterday in his interview on Espn, he said “I’m not that type of person.” I’m beginning to think that’s his defining personal trait.

deb4rockets likes this.